How do I resolve "lost equipment" issues?
TraceyS70

I have been having a problem with a phone return to Verizon.  And, based on what I've been reading here, so have a lot of other people.  My account has now gone to the accounting department - I can't even get a customer representative (through the 800# & even *611) on the phone.  My only options are to make payment arrangements, listen to my last payment, and the hear current account balance again (of course, I can always call back tomorrow when they are open).  I even received a text from HTC that said if I don't activate the phone within the next couple of weeks, I will be charged $500!!!!

What has anyone else been able to do to resolve this issue?  I have a confirmation from Fed-Ex that the phone was received at the "warehouse', and I have spoken to many customer reps also.  I purchased the phone on May 1, received it on May 3, put it in the package with the pre-printed return receipt on May 9, and it was received by Verizon on May 15 (well within the 14 day time period).

I will be calling Verizon AGAIN!  Which I shouldn't have to do.  I did what I was supposed to do, now why can't Verizon do what they are supposed to do? I too, am having the problems with customer service reps telling me they will put in for an investigation, call me back, remove the late fees, etc., and it doesn't seem to be happening.  I have been a long time Verizon user, and I even convinced my company to switch their mobile plan to Verizon.  I would hate that this kind of issue would deter me from using Verizon.  If this has been ongoing issue (such as these posts indicate), then Verizon needs to step up and fix the problem.  They are not the only carrier around!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I resolve "lost equipment" issues?
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

Don't even think about wasting another minute with verizon. Go straight to BBB and file a complaint. That is the ONLY WAY Verizon will respond.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi TraceyS70,

I'm sorry to see that you have experienced some issues contacting our customer service by phone. Please follow me and send me a direct message including your name as it appears on your account, account number, and account verification (same you use when you call us). I'll be happy to review your account and explore options to get your concerns resolved as soon as possible. If you prefer, you can call 800-922-0204, then dial 0 at the end of the prompts, and 0 again if you are presented with other prompts, then you will be transfered to the next available representative.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
TraceyS70

AntonioC_VZWSupport

I sent you a message 5 days ago.  I have not had a response.  What is the status of my situation?

TraceyS70

0 Likes
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

Basically your only option is as msturgis said. Bbb, FTC or your staes Board of Public Utilities. Trying to get it straightened  out through Verizon Customer Service will a lesson in futility. Just have to read all the similar post on here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear that you did not hear back TraceyS70! Please know that I am here for you. Please forward me the message and I will get back to you today!

Thank you,

Lena_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes