How do I request for better voice coverage?
nanda7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently moved to a new house in Spring Grove, PA. For whatever reason, the area around this house has terrible voice/messaging service. I sometimes have no service at all or just 1 bar. Phone calls are very spotty and text messages often won't send. Once I hop in my car and get just a few houses down the road, I get a full 5 bars of voice service.

So, my question - is there a way I can formally request or petition to get signal boosted to my house? I'd like to keep Verizon as my cell phone carrier, but it's becoming a major pain to have no service at home (I don't have a land line phone).

Thanks!

Nathan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I request for better voice coverage?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nanda7,

Congratulations on your new house! I want you to enjoy your VZW experience and I am here to help. Current zip code? Which device do you have? Did the issue begin immediately once you arrived at the new location? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
nanda7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip: 17362

Samsung Galaxy SIII

Yes, the issue happens for any Verizon cell phone that comes to our house. We previously had HTC Incredible 2 and they had no voice/message service either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nanda7,

Thanks for the details! Upon further research I have identified some service opportunities in the area. Several of our customers in the area have active Network Extenders, which is designed to help improve indoor coverage. For details visit: http://vz.to/GO3te0 .

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

nanda7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, but $250 is a bit steep. Is there no other option or way to petition for Verizon to extend their signal to our area for everyone, not just us?

rcschnoor
Legend

I'm not aware of any way to "petition" Verizon to extend their signal.

Regardless, even if you were to do so and Verizon were to consent to do as you ask, you have to ask yourself whether or not you are willing to wait for the outcome if, as you say, "it's becoming a major pain to have no service at home".

First of all, if Verizon were to agree to do what you want, it could STILL be years before you would possibly see the results of your petition. I have seen carriers in my area petition local governments over and over for permission to erect cell towers in and around the area taking years before permission is granted. Maybe the local governments in your area are not as lead footed as around here, but I wouldn't count on it.

Second, you say "just a few houses down the road" there is sufficient signal. So how many people would this extension of service actually help, a handful?

Finally, Verizon has given you a way to have the phone service in your home. If that is unacceptable, it may be in your best interest to shop for a carrier which DOES have acceptable service in your home.

Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand nanda7. Our network team does monitor areas often for improvement and there is a lot involved with expanding service. If the service overall in the area is good, then the network extender is the best option for indoor coverage and service just outside your home. We cannot guarantee service indoors due to many factors out of our control including building structure and other interference.

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes
higgins_nc

I would like to request better coverage in my area, the closest tower is too far away down the road and we are at 2-3 bars outside, which means 0-1 bars inside. In a neighborhood of about 300+ homes most people here complain about poor service quality. I would like to request better service in the Churton Grove subdivision of Hillsborough, NC 27278 (Cross roads of N. Scottswood Blvd. and Ainsworth, 27278)

0 Likes