How do I report poor service?
Phorecaster

The 4G service along the UP-NW Metra Line from the Cumberland stop in Des Plaines, IL all the way to Ogilvie Transportation Center in Chicago is unacceptably poor. Recently, both data and voice service have been failing between the Jefferson Park and Clybourn stops. I would like to know how to report this issue as I use the line Monday - Friday and I attempt to do all of my online business while on the train so I can focus on other items when I return home.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I report poor service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Phorecaster,

Thanks for the additional information. I used to hop on that train from Barrington all the time so I am familiar with that commute.

Like Marquia said, signal can be challenging while aboard the train. The construction of the train can weaken the signal. If you take the train during rush hour, I know those trains get crowded, the signal can weaken as well due to network congestion.

As for your office, you are pretty high up being on the 22nd floor. At this point, you are almost above the tower so you can expect the signal to vary.

I know these are not the answers you are looking for, but we are unable to guarantee service indoors due to these different variables.

How is your service at home and outdoors?

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reporting this issue Phorecaster. Our network team does monitor network signal often for improvement. On a train, there can be many factors to affect the signal, especially while moving. Are you unable to connect at all? Have you used your phone there while stationary?

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes
Phorecaster

The majority of the time I am in various rates of motion and at all rates of motion the signal remains weak. While stopped at stations along the line the weak signal remains as well. I remain connected, but the signal is so weak that all applications are unresponsive because they are unable to update or load.

0 Likes
Phorecaster

I also have intermittent service while I am at my office which is on the 22nd floor of a building in the Loop. Today service has been dropping out completely.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Phorecaster,

Thanks for the additional information. I used to hop on that train from Barrington all the time so I am familiar with that commute.

Like Marquia said, signal can be challenging while aboard the train. The construction of the train can weaken the signal. If you take the train during rush hour, I know those trains get crowded, the signal can weaken as well due to network congestion.

As for your office, you are pretty high up being on the 22nd floor. At this point, you are almost above the tower so you can expect the signal to vary.

I know these are not the answers you are looking for, but we are unable to guarantee service indoors due to these different variables.

How is your service at home and outdoors?

NicholasB_VZW

0 Likes
Phorecaster

I think my initial concern about weak signal has been coupled with poor service as described here.

The network congestion likely does not affect the weakness in 4G signal as decreases and drop out are predictable as it happens in the same stretches of my commute. Also, I travel in my car at higher rates of speed than in the train and I do not suffer from the same oscillation of signal strength between full and complete drop out. I have spoke with a couple other commuters and they have expressed the same issues with poor signal.

The frustration is mounting as I pay a premium for "America's Most Reliable 4G Network." If my service get interrupted when I do not pay, it is only fair that I should be able to interrupt payment when my service gets regularly interrupted.

My contract is up in December. I have been a Verizon customer for over 9 years, and I might consider looking for a different carrier that will be able to provide a more reliable signal, or possibly the same quality signal at a more reasonable price.

0 Likes
maherdaas

hello. can you ask you network team to check a new area in Sugar land, Texas. the development is called (private information removed)

the signal is so poor that we have to walk outside the house to make a phone call.

thank you.

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello maherdaas,

Service at your fingertips is what we strive for! We definitely want to look into the signal issues you have been experiencing. Does this happen to all of the devices on the account? Do you experience dropped calls or slow data speeds? Does this happen both indoors or outdoors or just at the home location? What zipcode are you located in? We want to make sure to keep your private information such as phone numbers and exact addresses out of the public thread. Keep us posted, so we can look into this further!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
maherdaas

Thank you;

It happens with all phones on our account.

Inside the house very slow data and many dropped calls.

Outdoor just outside the front door or in the backyard, things are fine and good data speed.

The zip code is 77479. However the neighborhood is very new development ( just a year ago was a wooded wilderness).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

maherdaas,

Do other people have the same issue here? Are you the only ones? How many bars of service do you have? What type of device do you have? Keep us posted if anything changes.

RobinD_VZW
Verizon Support

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes