Re: How do I report a scam phone call
PFFlyers
Enthusiast - Level 1

No.  There is no option to report these calls so these robocalls do not target others... UNLESS you PAY for premium.  

It seems Verizon would want to get crowdsource help to prevent these con artists from harassing other verizon customers.

Unless Vzw can make money by having to robocallers continue to call, and thereby charging customers to block them.  

I have googled and looked for the button to click on to report "IRS: police have warrant for your arrest due to fraud"  

And VZW claims reporting is free, and reporting is not free.  

Re: How do I report a scam phone call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do apologize for any confusion, PFFlyers. When you block the spam calls, we get that information automatically and help us improve our service. Also, to report a number, you first need to mark it as spam. There are additional services that you can get with the premium version. Here is a link with all the details on both services:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-call-filter/ We hope this clarifies your concern. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: How do I report a scam phone call?
xray03

They are also using 1-800-922-2004 to get your information. Same Verizon account is suspended, enter in your pin and last four of your social, scam. Just don't answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s put a stop to this issue to this Scam Call issue.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Austin13

My wife and I received a scam phone call as well. The number was (770) 627-7184 when I called it back it sent me to Terry Jones’s voicemail. I looked up Terry Jones on LinkedIn and it states he is a tech help employee for Verizon. I checked with Verizon they told me they do not call customers directly with local area code. 

0 Likes
tdcrews

I just got a call. The caller ID said it was from Me or 3 others. It said my Verizon service had been suspended. I would like to report this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, there. We know how frustrating scam, spoof, and robocalls can be. We recommend getting our Call Filter tool to help cut down on these calls. You can learn more here: http://spr.ly/660419rdo. Alternatively, you can also add your number to the Do Not Call List. You can do this by going to http://spr.ly/660519rdU, or by calling 1-888-382-1222. You can also report the calls to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). I hope this helps.

BreannaH_VZW

0 Likes
leighmoore01

I just had the same thing happen to me except the call came from my own phone number.  They told me my account had been suspended, which I knew wasn't true and then told me to put in my pin number.  I then hung up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the additional information you have provided regarding this matter leighmoore01. We are glad to hear that you did not provide any information when asked as we want to make sure your account is protected at all times. If you receive any texts or emails that seem suspicious please forward them to number 7726 or emailed to phishing@verizonwireless.com I certainly hope that helps.

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
Smithr2020

I have the following message every 2 days from phone #(1-800)922-0245

Dear Verizon wireless costumer your account has been suspended for verification to reactivate your account please press one to speak with a customer service representative please press two goodbye…

0 Likes