How do I report a scam phone call?
johnbhill
Enthusiast - Level 1
How do I report a scam phone call that is supposedly from Verizon Technical Support? Someone has made a phishing robocaller claiming to be Verizon that is calling Verizon customers from 800-922-0204. Can Verizon block scammers who are claiming to be Verizon customer service?
Re: How do I report a scam phone call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johnbhill, we take account security very seriously and are glad to hear that you were able to identify the call as a phishing attempt. In order to better assist, I have a few questions. I understand that the phone number showing on the Caller ID was manipulated. How were you made aware that the call was from Technical Support specifically? Was any account or personal information provided?

ChrisM_VZW

PufferyJones
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had the same thing but the number was 800-922-0208. The call says that the verizon account has been frozen pending verification. I hung up after that.

BlackHillsBarb

I just received the same call from the same number only minutes ago.  I hung up without talking/pressing 1, 2, etc and logged on to my account in order to be sure I truly was not locked out.

0 Likes
SSArroyo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have just received the same call - this is the third time this week - telling me that my cell account has been frozen for security purposes and asking me to press 1 to unfreeze it or press 2 to speak to a customer service rep. 

Re: How do I report a scam phone call?
bearone21
Legend

you just reported the call, thanks.

0 Likes
amosoba2

I just received the same call but the number was 888-488-7200. They said my account was suspended. They wanted my Pin Number. Luckily I couldn't remember it. I logged into my account and changed all my security and added 2 step verification. They sound very athentic. Seems to be a common scam because according to the call I got last week my social security account is also suspended. Beware!

0 Likes
thomas7419
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have gotten 20+ calls from 410-609-9921 about my social security number being breached.  It's a robocall.  I can't get them to stop calling me.  When I call back it says it's a verizon number.

Please make it stop! I am also a verizon customer.

Thanks,

Tom

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand your frustration, Eliot. We have all been victims of these calls at one point or another, however, we have great news for you! We now offer a great new feature called Call Filter, which provides spam alerting, spam filter, blocking tools, and the option to report numbers. The best thing about this feature is that it is absolutely free! We are including a link that will give you more information, and also the option to add it directly from your phone. http://spr.ly/66031DthR

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
Re: How do I report a scam phone call?
Adentz22

We had an issue processing your vz wireless payment. Please update here to maintain coverage. https://billpayid32.com/vz/j

Dont not click on this !  It’s fake 

0 Likes