How do I put a hold on data usage until my next billing cycle starts again so that I stop incurring overage?
kyh

How do I put a hold on data usage until my next billing cycle starts again so that I stop incurring overage?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I put a hold on data usage until my next billing cycle starts again so that I stop incurring overage?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you also turned off the cellular data connection when you expect to be connected to a wifi connection for extended periods of time? Depending on the phone, the wifi sleep policy can turn off the Wifi radio and allow the cellular data to the active connection for background tasks.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I put a hold on data usage until my next billing cycle starts again so that I stop incurring overage?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Controlling data is critical for all of us kyh. That is why Verizon offers Family Base which let's you put a cap on your data usage. I am including a link with all of the information you will need about Family Base: http://vz.to/1PvOxU0
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Or you can monitor your own data usage and when you get close to your plan allowance, disable data yourself in your phone. You won't be able to access any data and will not be able to send or receive picture mail or email as well.

UNC50fan

Are you using Wi-Fi? that's the problem I'm having, some reason I'm going over data usage but I'm on Wi-Fi.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you also turned off the cellular data connection when you expect to be connected to a wifi connection for extended periods of time? Depending on the phone, the wifi sleep policy can turn off the Wifi radio and allow the cellular data to the active connection for background tasks.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
UNC50fan

I'm trying that now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having data usage when you expect to be only on WIFI isn't a good feeling, UNC50fan. We're here to help. What make and model phone do you have? When did this start?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!