How do I make a complaint to a department above customer service?
mckernan75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need to make a complaint to someone in a higher department than customer service. I called the 800-922-0204 and each rep wasnt able to get a hold of the right department because it was too late or they didn't understand the back story despite me explaining it a hundred times... Of course I am told to "be assured, I have notated the account" yet it doesnt seem to be there or ends up what the previous agent said wasnt accurate. I am trying to add a line to my account and I am getting the run around...my device financing limit has changed to $0 despite me just paying off a phone and having a credit on my bill as I overpaid. I understand that financing goes according to credit score-yeah, my credit is terrible but my initial device limit has decreased to $0 despite being in good standing, etc. I am really tired of these 1-3 hour long phone calls, transferred to different departments, being told something different by every rep. Not only have I chatted with multiple people via facebook messenger (hoping for an accurate response) but I have called and utilized that useless virtual agent chat. I have been trying to take care of this/place an order for over a week....so now, I ask again, who can I talk to that cares?

0 Likes
Re: How do I make a complaint to a department above customer service?
Weth
Legend

my credit terrible, sums up why they don't want to extend credit, no?

Kate22
Enthusiast - Level 1

respond to them on Facebook messenger after you've told your story on their FB page for all to see. That should get some attention. I have had zero compassion, a ton of rudeness and leaving after only 14 days dealing with even manager at customer service. oh gawd that absolutely horribleooping hold muzac!! good luck!

mckernan75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes! I've had more problems since I started service than ever.

0 Likes
mckernan75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pretty much. If they were smart, they would extend that credit because they're going to benefit when they add on all their outrageous fees...$40 to "activate." 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

@mckernan75 wrote:

Pretty much. If they were smart, they would extend that credit because they're going to benefit when they add on all their outrageous fees...$40 to "activate." 

More often than not, companies don't benefit when they extend credit to someone with, as you say, "terrible credit". If they do, it is because the financing rate has been increased to offset the greater risk. However, with purchasing a phone on payments the financing rate is always 0% meaning they have no way to offset the greater risk with additional financing charge.

What type of phone are you trying to purchase? If it is a device which you can purchase direct from the manufacturer, you can try getting approved with the manufacturer's financing which is usually 0% financing, too. Keep in mind you may not qualify there with "terrible credit" however it may be worth a try.

Was your credit in a better position when you financed the previous device? If your credit score fell from then to now, that is a legitimate reason why your amount available to finance fell, too.

mckernan75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry I read your response when I was half asleep. Honestly, I think my FICO was worse the compared to now. I've heard that Verizon does this a lot. I understand if they factor in FICO but wouldn't you think credibility with the company/consistency/timeliness is a larger playing role than i FICO?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want you to do is to spend hours on the phone Mckernan75. We certainly do care and want to do everything we can to help. I know you want to add a line and I am sure we have done everything we can to make this happen for you. It does seem like you have spoken to us already. I can certainly double-check your account to see what options you have. I have sent you a private message, so we can further assist you. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your loyalty, and as consumers, we understand your concern. We are always working on having different options to ensure you're able to obtain the device you want. At ths time, our financing works directly with your credit history. We do recommend reaching out to our CORE team for more information on this matter.  DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Wylie757

Having a problem getting above a supervisor 

0 Likes