Re: How do I listen to my voicemail greeting?
bnh123
Enthusiast - Level 1

This works now, cool thank you!

gschmidtabbie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue as every other Verizon customer on here. It shouldn't matter which phone you have there should always be an option to review your personal greeting. It was there in the past! It's important to review your greeting to insure if you need to update it or make it clearer or shorter.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gschmidtabbie

I understand this message thread is this a little old, but I want to make sure you have tried the recommendation from MsMagilicutty.

What device do you have? 

What happens when you dial *86 (*VM) to access your voicemail > press 4 for personal options > Press 3 for greetings 

• Press 3 for greetings and follow instructions

TamaraH_VZW

Inzombiak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an LG K20V. Going through the options does not allow you to listen to your own voicemail message. The options only allow you to record a greeting. So I guess it takes two phones just to listen to your own message. 

I would also like to know how to set up different greetings depending on what time of day it is. This is probably a premium feature but the only options I saw listed was to set up a greeting for different callers not time of day.

Edensvision
Enthusiast - Level 1

Enfw

Instructions:

Call *86. Then press 4 as soon as it answers or it goes to voicemail. Then press 3 for greeting. Then press 1 to change greeting. Then press 3 to Personal greeting. It will then say...your greeting has been recorded as...You can then listen to your greeting.  Options to change...or Press # if your satisfied

Edensvision
Enthusiast - Level 1

I didn't see the other persons post before I made mine. Weird. Anyway. I know this is old but for anyone else having this problem. Here are the specific step by step

Instructions:

Call *86. Then press 4 as soon as it answers or it goes to voicemail. Then press 3 for greeting. Then press 1 to change greeting. Then press 3 to Personal greeting. It will then say...your greeting has been recorded as...You can then listen to your greeting.  Options to change...or Press # if your satisfied

gsheltonusno
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to listen to the greeting that is already there 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, gsheltonusno. To clarify, have you tried to call your voicemail? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
RICKYTICKY2001

The solution to this question has not been satisfied, and it's frustrating to read the answers provided by Verizon support and from others as well.  

SETTING: 

1.  From my own phone (Currently Galaxy S20 Ultra, but brand or model shouldn't affect the answer.) Connected to Verizon. 

2. Independently at anytime (Without calling my number from another person's phone.)

3. With or without using free version of Visual voice Mail.

4.  No matter what greeting option I choose (Standard, Personal, or others.)

5. Without setting up a new greeting or changing the greeting in the processs.

I was in computer support for 20 years, I know how to use the product, but I don't see an option to perform this function and this seems to me a simple question to understand.

Question: *********How do you listen to your current voice mail greeting?*****

Is there anyone who can answer this guys question for the rest of us who want the same answer? 

Thank you

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes