How do I get out of my contract without paying a fee?
VZW808
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the middle of a 24 month contract and want out.  I've been told things by Verizon chat only to have Customer service tell me later on that they're not required to honor it.  Feels like I'm serving a jail sentence with Verizon.  I had to write an email to the Senior Management in order to get anyone to listen to me and after that all I got was someone saying they would look into it.  Never heard back from them.  What can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get out of my contract without paying a fee?
deloused
Master - Level 3
deloused
Master - Level 3
Weth
Legend

You received a reduced price phone in return for agreeing to 2 years of service. Breaking that agreement will require you to pay the early termination fee to repay back part of the subsidy Verizon had to pay to allow you to get a cheap phone. Verizon will not make an exception to this halfway through your contract.

Competitors are offering to pay you back for the ETF you pay to Verizon if you switch. However, you must still pay Verizon and then get reimbursed by the new provider.

What is wrong with your current Verizon service? - anything we can give feedback on to make things better for you now?

0 Likes
VZW808
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone service has been good.  I'm just fed up with the arrogance that I have to deal with when I talk to Verizon Customer Service.  You would think that they would have some type of training telling them not to raise their voice and argue with the customer. 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why do you need to talk to the Customer Service representatives?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
VZW808
Enthusiast - Level 2

They overcharged me on my bill. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You're not going to get out of contract without paying the ETF...especially not for your reasoning. If you are truly unhappy and want out from Verizon it would seem worth it to pay the ETF. You can always check and see if another provider has any kind of switching incentive so you can recoup your fee paid to Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VZW808, I regret to learn you are thinking of leaving. We would be sad if you left. I do want to help you with options so you can stay. What happened to make you feel like leaving? Please send us a DM in twitter or a Private Message in Facebook http://on.fb.me/1NutyQx so we can better assist you.

AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure? What did you expect to charged? What were you actually charged?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Gne2lng
Enthusiast - Level 1

At least you could talk to someone, I keep getting a runaround from bots to chat I want to talk to a live person that can speak and understand English