Re: How do I get my messages in que without turning on data??
rcschnoor
Legend

RKC09 wrote:

I don't use iMessage & I see a fairly large diff between data logged by Verizon and that logged by the iPhone. That seems to happen only when my daughter is sending many pics of the kids. Thoughts?

Which messaging app do you use on your iPhone? Some other messaging apps will ALSO use data which will count against your data allowance.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Knowing what kind of phone you have would be a good start as different phones may have different methods available to back up your messages.

You could always just print the messages and then you would have a hard copy of them.

Android phones can use apps such as SMS Backup & Restore to backup your messages in order to reload them on your new phone.

I am sure you can also find similar apps in Apple's App Store which would do the same. Of course iPhones make things a bit harder as SOME messages will be SMS/MMS and others will be iMessages.

0 Likes
RKC09

Just standard messaging. I'm starting to think it may be related to her using iMessage b/c they use it heavily as a family.

0 Likes
RKC09

If you back up your phone to a computer, the texts are saved in that backup. You will need to download a commercial package to extract an/or restore selective messages. I use iphonebox which I needed for the same purpose as you. There are quite a few out there

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

RKC09 wrote:

Just standard messaging. I'm starting to think it may be related to her using iMessage b/c they use it heavily as a family.

The standard messaging app on an iPhone IS the iMessage app. I thought you said you did not use iMessage. Do you have iMessage turned off in the settings for the standard iPhone messaging app? If you have not gone in and manually done so, then you DO use iMessage. Are some of the bubbles around your texts green and some of the bubbles around your texts blue? If so, you DO use iMessage. If ALL of the bubbles around your texts are green, then you have iMessage turned off in the messaging app settings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RKC09 Let's figure out what is causing the discrepancy. Are you looking at My Verizon online? On the iPhone do you reset the tracking dates for the data? What are you seeing for data usage? What does Verizon show
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RKC09

Phone usage stats are reset at the end of my cycle, at midnight.

Phone usage now: 5.4gb

MyVerizon usage: 6

This is not a deal breaker! I was just trying to understand. The two numbers have been pretty much in sync until my kids went on vacation last weekend. Once the MMS messages started flowing the numbers started to go out of sync. My wife & I do not use iMessage. My daughter's family uses it heavily.

Thanks for your interest

-Dave (mobile)

0 Likes