How do I get my messages in que without turning on data??
PaulaJ45

I turned off Data 2 weeks ago for "overusage".  Several friends have told me that they have been sending group messages while data has been off.  Which means that once I turn the data back on my phone will blow up with messages and I will be charges excessively for data.  Is there a way to get these messages on myverizon so I can pull them off the server and they will not flood to my phone???

As a complaint/side issue:  At some point "unlimited text messages" became exclusive to only MMS single messages.  I used to send group texts and picture messages and they were considered text messages.... no "data" needed.  Since Verizon has pushed for more data it appears that they now charge my data to send and receive pictures or group messages.   (What if I didn't have my data!!??  I do not get group texts?) 

Any help with this is appreciated...   I have 6gb for 3 devices... which is plenty!!!  (they are primarily used where there is wifi access).

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I get my messages in que without turning on data??
rcschnoor
Legend

Data used for sending receiving SMS/MMS messages does not count against your data allowance.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

"Data used for sending receiving SMS/MMS messages does not count against your data allowance"

^^^true story

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PaulaJ45, we want you to use your wireless allowance of unlimited text messaging to it's full potential. You will need to connect to our wireless network by enabling data on in order to receive group text messages. No worries. Retrieving group messages uses very minimal data when transmitting on our network.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PaulaJ45

If it is a group message, the data is used..  but according to Verizon below, "its not much." 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I never said data wasn't used. I said it wasn't counted against your monthly data allowance.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Keep in mind, IF you are using an iPhone with iMessage activated, messages sent between 2 iPhones ARE NOT SMS/MMS messages. They are iMessages and WOULD use data AND count against your monthly allowance.

If you turn iMessage off and simply use SMS/MMS for all messaging, data WOULD be used for MMS messages but WOULD NOT count against your monthly data allowance.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that you have all the right information. If you use Verizon Messages + you not incurr any data and will not be charged towards your data allowence. I do hope this clears things up for you. Let me know if you have any other questions.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RKC09

I don't use iMessage & I see a fairly large diff between data logged by Verizon and that logged by the iPhone. That seems to happen only when my daughter is sending many pics of the kids. Thoughts?

0 Likes
Tkay11

I need assistance backing up/transferring texts that are older than 90 days.  I have 2 days left before needing to send my old phone back to Verizon and so far no customer service representative has been able to assist me with this, and I've been speaking to different reps for months now. I am in the middle of a court case with an old landlord who owes us up to $2000 and the only proof we have is in the conversations with her, on my old phone (which Verizon insists on having back by the end of the month, even though they can't help get the messages from it). We even had a law enforcement officer request the texts from their database, as that was repeatedly the 'solution' I was offered by Verizon). However, he was told they only keep messages for 3-5 days in the system. I'm not sure how 3-5 days would help any court case, as they are inevitably past that date. 

So far Verizon has not successfully assisted us in this and we are almost out of time now. We will be dropping our service with Verizon otherwise.  From what I see, this has been a problem for others also.

I am very worried about loosing the only proof we have in these texts.  Can someone please help??  How on earth can we just back up more than 90 days worth of these messages before we 'have to send the phone back in'?

Help.

Thank you!!

0 Likes