How do I get in and out of a Verizon store quickly?
Walk-In-and-Walk-Out

I can't believe I actually have to ask this question, but I would like to walk into Verizon Wireless tomorrow, and purchase a SIM card, and walk out. It's not a doctor's office, and I don't want to be "checked in," to do something that should take 30 seconds. I would like to simply walk in, and buy something, like I've done my entire life in every single consumer electronics place of business EXCEPT Verizon Wireless.

Here's what I want to do, and I really shouldn't have to ask this: I want to (1) walk into a Verizon store tomorrow, (2) skip the nonsense where an assigned rep gives his unlimited attention to one person at a time, and only one person at a time, like it's a massage parlor or something, and (3) skip the nonsense where a tremendously underutilized Verizon employee "checks me in" - EVEN IF I JUST HAVE A QUICK QUESTION, OR KNOW WHAT I WANT TO BUY - while staring vacantly at the front door AND NOT HELPING ME AT ALL.

I really shouldn't have to ask this. But I want to buy a SIM card, and walk in and out, without waiting, like I would for virtually anything else I would ever purchase, anywhere else in the world.

So, after living in this town for three years, and never having had a single question of mine ever answered at the Verizon Wireless store, I would like to know what the code or password is, to bypass the system I'm sure is costing you thousands of dollars, given that the majority of people who don't have 20 minutes to spare walk out, and walk into the AT&T store less than 20 feet away...?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I get in and out of a Verizon store quickly?
Zoeskliros

If someone shares this magical secret, please fill the millions of us in on it that wish as you do: Imagine walking into a RETAIL STORE, PURCHASING, & GETTING OUT!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You have to follow process and procedure. The system is there for a reason. It keeps people from jumping the line as well. You also have the option to pick up the phone and ask for one through customer service. SN they just don't give out SIM cards your account has to be verified as well as your identity and the sim being programmed. That prevents anyone getting a sim on any old number.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You will be in the store for at least 30 minutes. You should plan a point in your schedule when you can dedicate that amount of time.

As was stated in the previous post. This isn't Express where you pick out your shirt then pay.

If you don't want to wait in the store, call and have them send one to you and you can insert in your device at your leisure.

Everyone at the Verizon store has a specific job, just like at your job. Don't diminish any one person's function because you think it should be so. Imagine if there wasn't someone there keeping an order.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Can't be done, I've tried. 

Tidbits
Legend

Longest I have waited was 1 hour. Shortest was 3 minutes.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you had to purchase a SIM card, you went to the wrong store. The corporate store will activate one without charging you. A third party retailer are the type of stores that will charge you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes