How do I get Verizon to stop texting me
mosph0ne
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears I am not alone in this quest, and unlike the other posts I have read, this continuous uncontrollable texting, the free Verizon wireless message, that my bill has been paid will cost you a customer. I am on auto pay, of course it has been paid.

How do I make it stop? I have blocked your numbers. I cannot seem to forward to the SPAM reporter, but I will not stop trying

And the solution will be when November comes around and you lose a 20 year customer.

It also appears that I cannot get an email to Verizon. This forum was as close as it gets.

Regards,  Maureen

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get Verizon to stop texting me
mosph0ne
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the suggestion. I am no longer in Autopay! ;o) THis was my solution. I have unchecked all of the boxes. I am not alone in this complaint. I have seen others in the forum with the same issue.

Again, thanks for the suggestion.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

If you are on autopay or any other pay you AGREE to a verification alert. It does not matter what company you're with. It's gonna happen. Avoid it but getting a landline, but they will alert your email. It's a text that you DONT pay for.

rcschnoor
Legend

Except the FIRST time, for whatever reason that payment does not go thru, they would be the first to complain that they were not notified. First world problems... They should simply ignore the text. Oh, and to the OP, good luck with the new provider.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Exactly.

0 Likes
mosph0ne
Enthusiast - Level 2

You must work in the finance office.

If I AGREE to a verification alert, you would think they would be capable of making that alert an email as you stated would be done for a land line. Perfectly reasonable. I did not agree to receiving an alert that says they have received their money at 0200 in the morning. Which is not reasonable. So keep you alert but use some common sense. Have an option. And do not hide that fact that this will be sent.

You have convinced me to opt out of autopay and add paper billing. You want to be in the stone age, I will join you!

Thanks for the info!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I do not work for Verizon and never said I did. I am a just a customer with common sense.

0 Likes
mosph0ne
Enthusiast - Level 2

right!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Right! Regular customer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I love how people think that leaving Verizon or opting out of auto pay and going to paper bill hurts Verizon somehow. You still have to pay.

I bought a new car in April. I made my first payment on the loan and was not able to select and copy the confirmation number on my phone. I had exited out of the app thinking I would get an email with that information. No email. No copy of the confirmation number. No way to really know if my request was being processed. At least Verizon is notifying you. It is a text that comes once a month. If it is really that bothersome, go to that thread in your messaging app and put that thread on Mute or Do Not Disturb.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I wish a payment confirmation text message was my biggest problem.

0 Likes