How do I file a formal request for a cell tower to be upgraded / updated?
NeilHunwick
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I file a formal request for a cell tower to be upgraded or updated or expanded for larger capacity?

I live in zip code 24301, which shows on the Verizon coverage map at 4G LTE covered.

To my knowledge, there is a single tower that carries ALL of the signals.

Over the past 2-3 years, our LTE speed has decreased, decreased and decreased to the point of almost being useless.

I have contacted Verizon over the phone several times and verified that it isn't a device issue, but a capacity issue on the tower.

Several rep's have stated that the tower is simply "over-loaded".

It used to be that only during peak times it would be slow (weekends, evenings), now it is ALL OF THE TIME.

I can run a speed test pretty much any time of day and I get a whopping 0.2/0.3 mps download, and non existent upload. Until we get a new tower or expanded capacity this will not change, I have to been told that.

If I try at 1:00AM, I might see 1.0 mps. Any time I actually want to USE the internet, I basically have dial up speed.

3 years ago, I could get a solid 3.0 mps most of the time.

It is not a question of signal strength, I am getting a consistent 3 bars for data and voice.

It is also not a device issue, my Droid Turbo when I am work (on a new, dedicated tower) gets 10+mps.

So back to my original question, how so I file a formal request (that I am sure will be ignored) to get a newer tower or newer system?

I am paying (a lot) for 4G LTE and I am NOT getting it.

I don't know where to start, or where to go.

Labels (1)