Re: How do I file a complaint
paterp95
Enthusiast - Level 2

sprmankalel......nbald clearly requested a plan that fit his/her budget and confirmed that the discount would be applied to that plan.  These are the details that were explained to her when she signed up and Verizon should be held accountable.  Simple solution, Verizon honors what they told the customer during the sales process.

0 Likes
Dielaughing
Enthusiast - Level 3

sprmankalel.....nbald........I’m with ya. Verizon lies to drum up business. If they would lower their plan prices, they would not need to play the “Employee Discount Game.” With all these people calling them out and blogging about it, they can not claim it is due to their employees not knowing. Or as I was told, not trained well. I have contacted live chat twice and told them to straighten out the Warner Robins Ga store, and apparently, that has not happened. Major oversight. I think not....GOOD JOB VERIZON! The lies date back a few years, on the blogs I have seen, and continue. I just signed up for the 2yr contract about 3 months ago, and was told that lie 3 times, by 3 different people. I might see what I will have to pay and leave them for good. Maybe a pay as you go. They are cheaper and No lying salesman/lady will get the commission. I hope what goes around comes around.

0 Likes
Dielaughing
Enthusiast - Level 3

I need to make a correction.....I Agree with nbald and paterp95 and everyone who believes the liars should be held accountable.....sprmankalel and other supporters of lying to make a sale are wrong. The customer has no idea they are being lied to and then sign a contract.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Dielaughing wrote:

sprmankalel.....nbald........I’m with ya. Verizon lies to drum up business. If they would lower their plan prices, they would not need to play the “Employee Discount Game.” With all these people calling them out and blogging about it, they can not claim it is due to their employees not knowing. Or as I was told, not trained well. I have contacted live chat twice and told them to straighten out the Warner Robins Ga store, and apparently, that has not happened. Major oversight. I think not....GOOD JOB VERIZON! The lies date back a few years, on the blogs I have seen, and continue. I just signed up for the 2yr contract about  3 months ago, and was told that lie 3 times, by 3 different people. I might see what I will have to pay and leave them for good. Maybe a pay as you go. They are cheaper and No lying salesman/lady will get the commission. I hope what goes around comes around.

Here's my beef.

1.) Every company has a set price for the products and services that they offer. Everyone thinks that VZW is expensive. Those are users who request access to the data network for multiple smartphones, tablets and other data devices. Then they want unlimited access for one low all inclusive monthly price. Would you go to Best Buy and ask for a discount on a TV that is priced at $2,500? No.

2.) It doesn't really matter what is said by any representative. In the contract agreement the following statement appears:

This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement.

This is the last paragraph of the agreement that you sign. Now, should the rep know which plans are eligible for a discount and which aren't? Absolutely.  Could the rep have been new and trying to do the best job possible after receiving the wealth of information provided in the 4 week training? Absolutely. Is the rep just a human being who makes mistakes like ALL of us? Yes.

The $45 ($60 plan on Edge) is the lowest plan VZW offers. This individual 1GB plan would be $40 for 1GB and $40 for the smartphone access equaling $80. With a 15% discount that comes out to $40-15%= $34+$40 equaling $74. The individual 1GB plan is $60 ($45 on Edge). How much more of a discount do you want?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dielaughing Providing accurate information is very important to us. We never intentionally give inaccurate information as details of our plans and discounts are available for customers to view online. What specific concerns are there with a discount on your account?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
paterp95
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think your interpretation of your point #2 is a little off.  The actions by the employee can absolutely be described as misrepresentation.  The misrepresentation occurred when the employee confirmed that the discount was applicable to the contract.  This misrepresentation affected the judgement of nbald to a transaction. 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

This job is not easy for the reps. There is so much information floating around. The rep could have been new and didn't know any better. I dare anyone to be perfect all of the time. It's not possible. We don't know for sure that the rep tried to deceive the OP. It really could have been an honest mistake. But no, everyone wants to assume that the rep was purposefully deceitful. Give me a break. Not everyone in sales is out to get you.

0 Likes
paterp95
Enthusiast - Level 2

Misrepresentation can be intentional, or unintentional.  No assumption was made that the rep was intentionally deceitful, only that nbald was provided wrong information that led to a transaction.

0 Likes
Dielaughing
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can only tell everyone, that three different people lied to me about my employee discount. There are honest people in the world and dishonest people. We all know some people in the sales/commission world will lie in a heartbeat if it means making a sale and that is how they make a living. At any rate, intentional or not, it all falls back on Verizon. Read the complaints on the internet, this has been going on a LONG time. Don’t you think by now that if Verizon truly cared, they would make it a point to make sure all employees knew this. I have said it before, I try hard NOT to lie to people and do not like to be lied to.

0 Likes