How do I file a complaint with Verizon Wireless Support
MattSouthPark

I hardly ever voice complaints for services but after the issues I have been dealing with I feel like Verizon really doesn't have the customers best interest in mind.  They seem to have their rules and are unwilling to stray from them even if a customer has had multiple issues with their devices.  None of the issues I have had with my phones have been because of dropping it, getting water in it, ect.  They all have been because of what Verizon has said are software issues in the phone.  The events are as follows....

1.  While on vacation my Samsung S5's battery died.  When I turned it back on the phone had factory reset and on top of that the factory reset wiped my SD card.  Verizon said they feel it was an issues with the verizon update but they could not be sure.  I lost photos and videos of my kids and sent hours on the phone with support.  They finally sent me a new phone since there was a software issue.  So I graciously got the new phone and re  set it up to my liking.

2. Month and a half later I started having issues with the replacement phone they sent me.  I noticed that my Wi-Fi button on my phone would not work anymore.  It just wouldn't let me turn it on.  So spent my whole morning on the phone with tech support where they factory reset the phone and did a hrad boot on it.  Neither worked and they said it must be a software issue with the Wi-Fi.  So they would like to send me a new replacement phone.

I had a very easy solution as to what would make me happy after dealing with all these issues and hours on the phone, but Verizon didn't see it the same way.  I had 2 months left on my contract where I could trade in my phone for a new S6.  My offer was that instead of sending me a new S5 (where I will have to re download everything and get the phone back to where I like it, only to have if for 2 months when I upgrade to a new one and have to do it all over again) just let me upgrade to a new phone and contract now since I was only 2 months away anyways.  Verizon's response was fine we will let you do that but you have to pay $65 to full fill your contract on the phone that is broken.

So Verizon would like me to pay $65 to turn in a broken phone and then go pay for a new phone.  Even the representative on the phone thought my offer was very reasonable and only after she talked with her manager did she come back and say that I would have to pay to turn in the broken phone early.   She didn't even think it seemed fair after I have all ready gone through 2 phone with software issues.

Tell me where in this scenario did Verizon care about the customer.  It sounds to me that they only care about getting every dime from you.  What about all the hours I have been on the phone with support trying to get these software issues worked out?  What about all the pictures.videos I have lost because of their software issues?  None of that is taken into consideration?  It seems like it is all about Verizon rules and contracts that can not be bent for customers who have had multiple issues  because of Verizon software.  Even after telling them that I am unhappy and that this situation would make me reconsider staying with Verizon for my wireless and residential services...they still just wanted me to pay $65 for a broken phone to be turned in early.  Even after saying I will go out today to trade in this phone and get a new 2 year contract with Verizon....still didn't matter.  Where is their understanding?  Where is the customer support that you so highly promote?    The whole experience has been very disappointing for me, as before I have had noting but good things to say about Verizon.

Matt

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I file a complaint with Verizon Wireless Support
Snn5
Legend

You have to fulfill one agreement/contract before you can start another one.

0 Likes