How do I file a complaint and get Verizon to understand what customer service is?
Customer1618

My wife and I purchased new iPhone 6s a couple weeks ago.  The sales rep had told us that our new phones would cost $6/per month for 24 months telling us that because we were out of contract, we would receive a retention credit to be applied to the devices.  My wife and explained that we were out of contract and already receiving discounts on our services.  We requested that the rep look at our account and make sure the new phones would only cost us  a total of $12 per month ($6 per phone).  After several questions, the rep insisted that what he was telling us was true, we would pay only $6 per iPhone 6s.  After telling us that they did not have any collateral or signage in the store, the rep told us that we would see the charges on our bill which was ready to cycle and we could address any additional concerns then.  When the bill posted, the phones charges were $61.  We called the store and spoke with the rep who admitted he made a mistake but could not honor his offer.  We spoke to his manager and the GM who agreed but suggested that we down-grade phone and service to get our bill to where we stared.  This is a major issue that has been embarrassing, time consuming and makes us not what to continue service with this company.  How can this be resolved?  We cannot afford to pay the unexpected difference and feel that Verizon should honor what was communicated to us from the representatives of Verizon. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I file a complaint and get Verizon to understand what customer service is?
Snn5
Legend

You receive $20 off each line as being out of contract, the phone costing $26 each.  $20 discount plus $26 phone equals $6 per phone.

Re: How do I file a complaint and get Verizon to understand what customer service is?
mama23dogs
Legend

While I sympathize, the Reason for a written agreement, is Neither you or the carrier can be held to verbal agreements.

I Do wish they would provide the figures and not do the math (incorrectly) for the customers.

IT sounds like your wife knew what you were paying before the upgrade.  For future reference, all phones are sold at retail cost.  The device payment plan divides it into 24 payments.

Customer1618

Yeah, thank you for your sympathy and responses. The difficult thing is, even in the "electronic agreement" where you sign there is absolutely no verbiage about what costs you will incur subsodized, discounted or otherwise.  Since we are out of contract I think Verizon has helped us make a clear decision.  We'll be paying for our phones in full and taking our business to At&T.  Verizon has made it clear they are not interested in the customer.  too bad for us for thinking that a company who bolsters about being customer centric in fact doesn't care at all.  

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Customer1618

Your iPhone 6 will work just fine on any other carrier.  You can pay off the device and port your numbers where you please.

IN the past phones were carrier locked (Verizon isn't allowed to do that) and most phones didn't have all the bands for other carriers' networks (the iPhone 6 and 6s does)

The payoff on the iPhones will be steep, but you start service with another carrier cheap with your own devices.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Customer1618 the last thing I would want is to see you walk away over this. I do see that Snn5 has done an excellent job showing where the discounted line access fees come into play. I truly apologize for the misunderstanding that took place in the store. I can see from your post that you had looked at some options on your account & plan already. I would happy to be a fresh pair of eyes on the situation. I am going to send you a private message in our forums. Once you reply to that, I can look over the account to get the full picture.
https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613

BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

bigeharris

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

To Whom it may concern:

To my surprise on 01/01/2016 I discovered that a Verizon employee [removal required] employed at the 1750 Deptford Mall, Deptford NJ 08096 authorized the sale of a phone device [removal required] Samsung galaxy s 5 black, device agreement:[removal required]. This device was sold to activate a new contract agreement without the permission, or notification by email, text or phone verification of the account manager. As I understand the terms of my agreement for this device my qualifying payment of 199.86 with a origination date of 12/30/014, financed amount of 599.99 with 12 remaining payments at a balance of 349.86 with an upgrade eligibility date of 12/30/2016. How can Verizon authorize this transaction without the account manager’s permission, doesn’t Verizon care about its customer’s? Furthermore, how does a corporate store disregard my position as a customer for the sake of getting a sell. I pay for 4 devices currently under a family plan with a 40.00 cost per device. What will Verizon due to restore my confidence in them as company with a set of principles of integrity, respect and performance excellence and accountability. Verizon states that this Credo is a blueprint that directs them to live up to the highest standards possible when serving customers, shareowners, communities and each other. I question whether or not Verizon will focus outward to me the customer, not inward. Will Verizon make it easy for me the customer to rectify this issue by listening, anticipating and responding to my needs as their Credo states. I feel violated,

1. My plan was changed without my permission or any notification beforehand.
  2. My phone device [removal required] was sold without my permission before I could completely satisfy my agreement.
  3. I currently have only 3 phones but I’m paying for 4.
  4. A store employee sold my phone for an undisclosed value to make a sale.
0 Likes