How do I disable visual voice mail?
ACE_BOY2786

Hi, I would like to find out how to COMPLETELY disable visual voicemail on my specific line, or overall if need be. I DO NOT want visual voicemail all I want is the Regular Basic Voicemail....

I was able to do it a while ago on the website but now I can not find the option for the life of me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to disable visual voicemail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sign into your MyVerizon account online from a computer. Go to the My Plans & Services area and select Block Services. Under the Purchases section add the Block Visual Voicemail feature.

Screenshot_20160721-225503.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Do these steps work for you?

To cancel Visual Voice Mail service (non-iphones)

Go to the Products & Apps page in My Verizon.

Click the Manage Your Products tab.

In the Visual Voice Mail section, click Remove from Account in the top-right corner.

Follow the onscreen prompts to remove the feature from your account.

0 Likes
ACE_BOY2786

on that said page there is no option to remove visual voicemail from my device, The only "tile" for Visual Voicemail is the one to get the premium version (which there's no "remove this feature" link on it). Under my device all I have is the tiles for Roadside, Device protection, HD Voice, and Share ID Name; along with a "VZ Navigator suggestion which I'm ignoring.....

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Gotcha, alternatibely on the website's 'block services' section it should allow you to add a visual voicemail block instead. If not, what type of phone/plan so you have and are you logged in as an account owner or manager?

0 Likes
ACE_BOY2786

I'll have to keep this in mind and try it if one of the other lines on the plan doesn't want the visual voicemail. I'd done an online chat with one of the reps and he said he disabled it, now just to give it time and see if it worked.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sign into your MyVerizon account online from a computer. Go to the My Plans & Services area and select Block Services. Under the Purchases section add the Block Visual Voicemail feature.

Screenshot_20160721-225503.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Lancer525
Enthusiast - Level 2

They've redesigned the website again, and NONE of these options exist any longer.

I want this ^&%$#@* thing removed from my phone, forthwith.

mama23dogs
Legend

Gee, it's so much more convenient than calling in, which you can STILL DO.  It's a pain to remove yourself.  You have to login, select manage devices.  Then select add ons.  Then change your enrolled voicemail choice to basic voicemail.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lancer525, changes made to our website are not intended to frustrate our customers; it can take some getting used to. To learn how to unsubscribe, visit
http://spr.ly/66091G7GS Question # 10 'How do I unsubscribe from Visual Voicemail service?'

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Horhillhild
Enthusiast - Level 1

These instructions are useless!