How do I cancel my contract?
kkat93
Enthusiast - Level 1

So my boyfriend just added me on his plan (also on Verizon), but I don't know what to do or how to cancel my old contract with Verizon because the contract is not up until September 2015. I don't mind paying through the end of the month as well as the cancellation fees, I just don't know how. Do I need to go into a Verizon store or can I do it on "My Verizon" somewhere?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I cancel my contract?
rcschnoor
Legend

What your boyfriend should have done is to add your line to his account with an AOL instead of starting a new line. Now you are stuck with a new number AND your old contact along with I assume a new contact on your boyfriend line. You have to go into a store or call CS to cancel.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

What your boyfriend should have done is to add your line to his account with an AOL instead of starting a new line. Now you are stuck with a new number AND your old contact along with I assume a new contact on your boyfriend line. You have to go into a store or call CS to cancel.

ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

rcschnoor could they (if still in the 14 day return window) cancel the line pay restocking fee then do the AOL?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Possible. Can't hurt to ask.

B33
Legend

RC that is a good choice to go with but I kind of forgot about it.. hope the option is still available for the OP.!  b