How do I block unknown numbers?
beachbums68

how do i block unknown callers calling my cell phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i blocked unknown numbers calling my cell hone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

beachbums68, Anonymous callers can be aggravating. We offer a feature called Family Base for $5.00 a month where you can set restrictions and block unknown callers. You can add it online via My Verizon at http://spr.ly/65808UUV2.

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

beachbums68, Anonymous callers can be aggravating. We offer a feature called Family Base for $5.00 a month where you can set restrictions and block unknown callers. You can add it online via My Verizon at http://spr.ly/65808UUV2.

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tmketner
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not working. I have had Smart Family for over a year. Even with the setting is "Block private and restricted text and calls" enabled "Unknown Name" calls are still coming through. I can block specific numbers, but enabling the above setting doesn't block calls from "Unknown Name". This needs to stop as I get 2 or more of these a day.

Beardown61
Enthusiast - Level 1

If the person just before me indicates that the fix doesn't work, then why should I pay $5.00 a month for the service? This post was originally from 2017; THIS IS 2019.

Is there not a way to block "Unavailable" phone calls now?

Thank you

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted calls can be discouraging and I'm here to help. With Smart Family you should definitely should be able to block incoming calls from numbers listed as Private, Restricted or Unavailable (Contacts question #3): http://spr.ly/6604EUN68 . I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily. 

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
GENNIC46
Enthusiast - Level 1

What a shame Verizon! Already the most expensive service out there and you want to charge us more to get rid of annoying anonymous calls! What happened to serving and protecting the customers?! These calls can get very annoying and distracting. They are probably computers that are programmed to hassle your customers. Verizon's response: "We can help, just pay us more to do it." What?! I started getting these private calls about a year and a half ago. They were a few times a week. I'm not getting 10+ a day. Very frustrating! I have a 3rd party app that blocks them, but only after they get to my phone. They knock out my bluetooth while in the car & stop programs I'm trying to listen to on my phone. I'm sorry but this should be part of a service not a luxury item or VIP service! It is a hassle that your paid customers are paying for! Maybe we should all search for a service that cares about their customers and will actaully have this as part of their plan! Let's go people! Share this message and get it out! I don't know about you but I'm tired of these big conglomerates doing what ever they want, not having a concern on the happiness of their customers and only worried about their bottom line and trying to get richer and richer! 

gabbershouston
Enthusiast - Level 1

You shohld note that this doesn't work when the caller id reads unknown thoguh - because I'm getting harrassed by someone ever 1-2 hours who refuses to leave a message yet I can't block them from my phone or VZW.

Edwardm191

The question isn't how do you block private, restricted,  or anonymous. It's how do you block "Unknown Name".

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good point. Since this number is not part of your contacts, the Smart Family feature should block these numbers. 

0 Likes