How come Verizon Wireless will not give their customers a corporate number, email, or address to send complaints?
emilyar

I have been with Verizon Wireless for 7 years and I have went through more problems in customer service in the last year then I have in my whole 7 years. Usually if I have a problem they fix it immediately, I tend to call instead of going into a Verizon store because Verizon stores just do not care about their customers. I am beginning to think the same thing about Verizon Wireless customer service.

Problem number 1: Verizon Wireless making changes to my account, aka payment arrangements, without my knowledge or consent. Making my phone shut off because I was 3 days late. Yes THREE DAYS... not months. Then after they turned my phone on because of their error I paid my bill. About a couple weeks later I decide that I want to purchase a new phone and want it billed to my account. They then tell me that no I could not have it billed to my account because my phone was shut off for non-payment. I then explained that it was an error, they then told me that they could not over-ride the system and I would have to wait 6 months to bill to my account. I asked if that meant I could bill to my account even if Iam late a couple days or what. They told me as long as my phone had not shut off because of non-payment I would be able to bill to my account, also that they would write a formal complaint on the person who made a payment arrangement on my account without my consent and they would get back to me. That was in Mar of 2013. I am still waiting for a reply from my complaint.

Problem number 2: In March of 2013 Verizon had an email option on their website where you could email corporate and they will email you back. Since then they have taken it off and will not give their customers email, number, or address where they can reach corporate at.

Problem number 3: Sept of 2013, it has been 6 months. I I then call Verizon to bill to my account a new phone, because I wanted to start a new contract. Well they tell me that because I do not pay on the same day of every month I will not be able to bill to my account and they can not over ride the system. I then tell them that this was not what was told to me in March of this year. The rep tells me that she cant do anything for me except investigate it and get back to me within 4 hours. I say okay and leave my number I wanted to be reached at, I asked if she was sure that she was going to call me back because I have been told in the past by verizon wireless reps that I would receive calls from them and they never bothered to return my call, because basically I was un-important. She stated that she would and she appreciated the business I gave Verizon for the past 7 years. (she was a supervisor by the name of Jeniffer in customer service on the east coast). 5 hours later I still had not received a call so I call back and ask to speak to a supervisor they then tell me that my claim was denied for "unknown" reasons about the call 6 months ago and they were not going to let me bill to my account and they couldnt help me further. I asked for a a corporate number, email, or address and they told me repeatedly that they did not know them and could not give them out if they did know them. That if I had a complaint he could notate it and make sure it was handled. Psssh just like it was handled 6 months ago. I daid thank you but no thanks and ended my call soon thereafter.

It just galls me that Verizon treats their customers who make them money by using their services and phones every year. They do not have any care for the complaints and actions of their workers as well as their customers.

I just want to know it anyone knows they corporate number, email or address??

Or maybe a verizon rep out there (which I pretty much doubt will respond to my question)

If I dont receive an answer soon I believe... no i KNOW I will be taking my $127.33 else where and maybe just maybe I can get better customer service, even if its just a tiny inch better than Verizons.

AT&T here I come.

Labels (1)
Re: How come Verizon Wireless will not give their customers a corporate number, email, or address to send complaints?
Ilikemath
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can try to write them a letter at this address but its not corporate. 

Verizon Wireless
Attn: Correspondence Team
PO Box 5029
Wallingford, CT 06492

Re: How come Verizon Wireless will not give their customers a corporate number, email, or address to send complaints?
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You can go to the link below. It is for John Bianchi, National Customer Service VP. He will not answer you, or even read it himself, but it will get read by corporate staff and usually they respond.

http://aboutus.verizonwireless.com/leadership/executive/profiles/John_Bianchi.html

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to provide as many support options as possible for our valued customers emilyar! We definitely don't want to lose your valued business. I'm sorry we don't offer e-mail support any longer. We have social media, chat, phone and store support! I'm sorry to hear about your payment and bill to account concerns. We are happy to review your account if you PM us your number. We appreciate you reaching out to us via a different support channel; however, please be aware options will be consistent throughout each channel. We are not able to alter your payment or bill to account status. Your account will automatically be reviewed once we have received on time payments for six consecutive months.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
neudiver

yesterday i went to verizon with a 8 day old broken phone after 40 mins in line to be helped  the sales staff at glenway av in cincinnati turned me around and sent me out the door without solving my problem or returning my less than 14 day old phone.  i called corporate at >>removed<< they called the store and made an appointment with the manager to resolve my issue. when i returned to the store i was told i had to wait in line again so i decided to get loud enough for every customer in the store to hear what kind of customer service i was recieving.  so then the employee at the door not the manager called the police on me and threw me out of the store so today i am returning my phones and am seeking other service providers  but anyhow the corporate number i provided is a good one and the people you reach will solve your problem  corporate level is does do a grat job but the customer service level and store level employees i have found to be very unproffessional and extreemly mismanaged.

>> Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
lady_in_the_radiator
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having problems with my phone for some time, but nobody could ever find anything wrong with it.  Now it's at a point where either I can't use it at all (it goes through a loop of shutting off and rebooting until the battery is completely gone, and I always had to charge it at least 2-3 times per day from the day I bought it, even if I used it less than an hour).  Last week, I could at least still use it a little bit, even if I had to charge it in airplane mode.

I've taken it in to stores and they don't know what's wrong.  They tell me to call you.  That's awesome, lemme just use my phone... oh, wait, that would require a working phone--which if I had, I wouldn't *need* to call you.

For some time, I'd been planning to buy the new iPhone 5s in October (next month), once the frenzy dies down and it's easier to get the popular colors and accessories.  They're supposed to be good, reliable phones, not like the hunk of junk I've been using.  Now I'm going to see what options are with other places, how bad the penalty is for breaking my contract half a year early, etc....

If Verizon wanted to help customers, they'd make it easier to contact them *without* a functional phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello lady_in_the_radiator,

We absolutely want to make it as easy as possible for you to do business with us! I would be devastated if you left the VZW family. I can understand it's not very easy to reach us from the phone that has concerns. The great news is I'm right here to help out! 

I'm excited you're looking to upgrade to the new 5s! It's a stellar phone. While you're waiting for the frenzy to calm down however, let's focus on your current phone. What model is it? Do you notice the phone getting hot? Is there any physical or liquid damage?

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lady_in_the_radiator
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sometimes it's hot, sometimes not.  I cannot discern whether this is  contributing factor.  There is not, nor has there ever been any damage to it.  It's in a case and has never even been dropped on a hard surface.  From the day I had it, I had to charge it multiple times per day, even if I kept the 4G shut off.  The people at the stores tell me that it's a problem with the phone, not battery.

It's an LG Spectrum (original), and I purchased it in June 2012.

Thank You

>> Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
eday
Enthusiast - Level 3

Vzw is not a credit company so why not get a credit card.

Vzw does not hotline an account if its 3 days past the due date. Normally will be at around 10 days past the due date

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there lady_in_the_radiator,

Thanks for the additional information. How long does the battery last from 100% to 0%? Do you have any battery save or task killer applications installed? If so please uninstall those as they tend to do more harm to the battery than good.

Do you have insurance on the device? Have you tried a new battery?

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes