Highlighted

How can i locate a lost Blackberry Bold...

my phone was stolen all of 3 or so hours ago. Verizon does not have anyone that is answering the Emergency Support number. Is there any way outside of calling in a Police Favor to have the phone tracked? If the person pulled the SIM card can it still be located based off the internal Ser#?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How can i locate a lost Blackberry Bold...

Sr. Leader

It's been a day, have you retrieved phone?  There is an app you can get called BB Protect that will do just this, but it has to be installed and set up prior to losing the phone.  Awesome app that lets you lock and or wipe the phone remotely, locate it, make it ring so you can find it....but doesn't do much good now.

Call CS and have them deactivate the phone, and report it as stolen so whoever has it won't be racking up charges on your dime, and won't be able to activate it with another number. I'm not sure if it can be located or not . . .

For the future, get BB Protect, and log in and play with it every couple of weeks to keep yourself familiar with what it can do.  Then when/if your phone is lost or stolen you won't be trying to figure out the program or remember your login; it will all be familiar.

0 Likes