How can I get my security deposit?
jessiehjr

I Have been using Verizon for more than 2 years. When I purchased the first phone at Verizon I made a $400 ddeposit.Now the two-year contract is up, and I upg my device. But I still didn't get the security deposit back.How can I get the refun?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I get my security deposit?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jessiehjr,

Thanks for reaching out to our community forum for assistance. We completely understand wanting to get your deposit returned. We want to make sure this happens for you. After the first 12 months of on-time payments, the despots are automatically refunded to you. A missed payment can delay this, but only up to 90 days per occurrence. As long as you have a period of at least 90 days on-time payment status any point after the 1-year mark, it will automatically refund for you. We'll need to review your account to see what the status is. I'm going to send you a private message in the forum system. Please be on the lookout for that and reply. We look forward to assisting you.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In those two years, have you consistently paid the bill on time every month?

If so, could the deposit have been applied to the account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jessiehjr

I do fogot to pay the bill once last year when I was aboard. But after I came back, I paid off the balance and the late fee.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The deposit clock was reset from that unpaid bill. The year you need of on time payments started over from that date before you can get back the deposit.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

AT this point the treasury department should be able to send the check.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is possible,but it depends when the year of good payments was restarted.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jessiehjr,

Thanks for reaching out to our community forum for assistance. We completely understand wanting to get your deposit returned. We want to make sure this happens for you. After the first 12 months of on-time payments, the despots are automatically refunded to you. A missed payment can delay this, but only up to 90 days per occurrence. As long as you have a period of at least 90 days on-time payment status any point after the 1-year mark, it will automatically refund for you. We'll need to review your account to see what the status is. I'm going to send you a private message in the forum system. Please be on the lookout for that and reply. We look forward to assisting you.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ericw_vzw

Can you please provide the documentation regarding how and when a person is refunded their security deposit even if they miss a payment in that first year of service? The information you posted doesn't match what I knew on the subject and I would like to understand how you got your information.

0 Likes
ericw_vzw
Verizon Employee

jessiehjr,

Thanks again for taking the time to chat with me today. I'm glad we could get everything sorted out. We appreciate your business and your patience. Have a wonderful day!

- Eric

Ann154,

Please see the Security Deposit FAQ: Security Deposit Refund FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes