How can I change the primary account holder on my Family Plan?
vrk

The primary account holder won't call to release the lines. What are my options?

0 Likes
Re: How can I change the primary account holder on my Family Plan?
rcschnoor
Legend

@vrk wrote:

The primary account holder won't call to release the lines. What are my options?

There is not much you are able to do. Those lines are theirs to do with what they would like as long as the bills continue to be paid. It is like saying "The owner of that car won't sell it to me, what are my options?" That person does not have to sell their car if they don't want to do so.

One question I have is whether or not you contribute to paying the bill for the line(s) in question. If you do contribute at least a portion of the money in order to pay the bill for those line(s), let the owner of the account know you will discontinue paying that money if they are unwilling to release the line(s) in question so that you can take over liability for those lines.

Of course, the owner of those lines could then simply cancel the lines without releasing them to you and you would then lose that number(s). If you are making payments on a device on that line(s), then the full amount would become due. If the amount due is not paid, Verizon could make the phone unusable by placing it on a blacklist, unable to be used.

Keep in mind, depending on your creditworthiness, you may have to pay a deposit for each line you would like to become owner which would then be returned to you after you have been owner of the line for a year of on-time and in-full payments.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@vrk wrote:

If you have the account number and pin code, you have the option to port numbers out of Verizon.  The phones are still the property of the original account owner and he can blacklist them if he chooses.  

I suggest you talk to the account owner and work out a way to pay to get off the account and start your own.  

0 Likes
Vanecia

so it sounds like we are pretty much out of luck because i agreed to have mine and my sons numbers added to HIS account. and now that we are no longer together he will not release the numbers to me.

He now has my numbers and is stuck with paying the service and the device costs for the next 11 months.

and now i have to contact all my dr offices, kids schools, employer associates, etc with a new contact number.

there HAS to be some kind of change in how this works.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

whomever doesn't want you as a manager & this can also be done online.

0 Likes