How can I be using data when I'm connected to my home wifi?
CLNR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on my home wifi, it shows crearlo on my phone, yet I am being "warned" that I'm using up data. How is that possible?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I be using data when I'm connected to my home wifi?
Weth
Legend

I Do agree power cycling the phone and router is warranted. I have seen situations where wifi is connected, but not routing correctly, so the phone cellular is used.  Rebooting router fixed that problem. 

View solution in original post

CLNR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oops...

It should read "...it shows clearly ..."

0 Likes
JecNire
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you recently have a software update? I did, and now my data is almost fully used for the first time ever! Not to mention suddenly barely connect to my own wifi....

CLNR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think so....  I'm feeling like it's total BS!  I've been home all day - connected to my WiFi -

My settings are set so I must manually request all update.

BS!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Just because you are connected to your wifi does not mean you cannot get data alerts. Mobile data reporting is not real time. This means data from the day before can be reported. It takes time for that to go through.

CLNR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really? Considering I've been home with the flu and fever for +48 hours begs the question -exactly how long does it take mobile data reporting to go through?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JecNire, we don’t want you to have data usage surprises. Since software updates can use a lot of data, we definitely want your WiFi to work. What is happening with you WiFi? When did this start? What kind of phone do you have? I would suggest forgetting your WiFi connection and then connecting again. Power cycling your WiFi router can also solve many connection problems.
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CLNR
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was very nice of you to answer the person who responded to my original post who was trying to help me. I'm glad someone will get some assistance, especially someone who was kind enough to try to help me.

Weth
Legend

I Do agree power cycling the phone and router is warranted. I have seen situations where wifi is connected, but not routing correctly, so the phone cellular is used.  Rebooting router fixed that problem. 

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You know exactly who the rep was talking to. If you want their assistance, answer the questions. If you get snippy then people will be less inclined to help. I, myself, will no longer be responding to this thread.

0 Likes