How can I actually talk to a real human being who is willing to listen to my issue instead of trying to tell me I need to update all three of my phones or buy new ones?
Big_Bubba
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was a perfectly happy verizon customer for the past twenty years or so, including the wireless phone service at my home where I have lived for the past 14 years. Several months ago the service at my home just went to crap. We can no longer use our phones inside our home at all, we have to go outside to make or receive calls and even then they constantly drop. Incoming calls to our phones roll straight to voice mail and the phones never ring. Even when we do go outside to talk, we get one or occasionally two bars, but the signal is mostly one bar or none. We used to get awesome reception for many years.  It is not our phones, my daughter cannot use her verizon phone at our house, my mother cannot use her verizon phone at our house, my sister cannot use her verizon phone at our house (she works for Verizon, Hawaii). I have tried for months now to get past the basic "you need to update your phone software", "you need to go to a store to have your phone checked", and "you need to buy new phones".

I would like to also add that we live in a rural area with no recent construction or anything else that might cause interference. We do not have any problems with our phones if we drive a mile down the road toward local tower. Something has happened that reduced the service at our home. I am now patiently waiting for my contract to end so that we can move to T-mobile or ATT, both of which which pick up very well in our home, unless someone has a solution to our problem that is not one of the three already mentioned above.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I actually talk to a real human being who is willing to listen to my issue instead of trying to tell me I need to update all three of my phones or buy new ones?
Snn5
Legend

It is my opinion that you wait out the contract if possible and move to ATT/T-Mobile.  This type of thing DOES happen, it happened to me.  While I didnt have the complete breakdown of service that you have had, I have experienced something similar.  I live where I have lived for 5 years.  I have had 5 phones.  All different.  Just this past year I went from perfect calling and data speeds to dropped calls and very slow speeds.  While there has been de-construction (de-forestation) and an open field of sight to the towers near me that should have made signal even better, the opposite happened.  It isn't always the terrain that is the problem either as towers can be adjusted in some way to service a greater number better and lowering the quality to a few.  IMO, I might make preparations to switch carriers.

View solution in original post

Re: How can I actually talk to a real human being who is willing to listen to my issue instead of trying to tell me I need to update all three of my phones or buy new ones?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I understand the importance of ensuring you have reliable service at all times Big_Bubba. Allow us to get to the bottom of your signal concerns. Unfortunately, with any carrier we can not guarantee signal inside a home, building, etc. due to home infrastructure. However, we do offer an accessory that may help boost signal in and around your home. For further information regarding our Network Extender click, http://vz.to/1vV6qON

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It is my opinion that you wait out the contract if possible and move to ATT/T-Mobile.  This type of thing DOES happen, it happened to me.  While I didnt have the complete breakdown of service that you have had, I have experienced something similar.  I live where I have lived for 5 years.  I have had 5 phones.  All different.  Just this past year I went from perfect calling and data speeds to dropped calls and very slow speeds.  While there has been de-construction (de-forestation) and an open field of sight to the towers near me that should have made signal even better, the opposite happened.  It isn't always the terrain that is the problem either as towers can be adjusted in some way to service a greater number better and lowering the quality to a few.  IMO, I might make preparations to switch carriers.

Big_Bubba
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately you again missed the point of my problem. If I cannot get a decent signal even outside of my home in my yard, how will a signal booster help? What happened that caused the signal to get so bad after 14 years with the signal being very strong? This is the reason I want to actually speak with a technical expert and not a customer service person who does not understand the nature of the problem. I thank you anyway for your attempt to help. So far, changing service providers after over twenty years seems to be my only solution. That is a real shame because my sister actually works for Verizon and one of my son-in-laws works for a Verizon contracted company. My entire family has Verizon.

Snn5
Legend

And who knows, ATT could suffer in years to come and Verizon is better than it ever was.  This is why I try to stray from contracts.  Hope you find what works for you.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
5844dwk30
Contributor - Level 1

Have same prob lived same house for 20 years have had Verizon for 14 live in country all flat land can see 6 towers from my house 6 months ago device for calls became horrible I was given a buyout option from Verizon which at that time I declined they sent me a WiFi booster for free which would have cost me $250 it didn't help doesn't matter what phone last 6 months have had iphones  droid turbo gallaxy 5s and gallaxy 4 all phones have horrible reception if you go outside if you walk up and down driveway you can lose call I don't get it never had a issue till lately and nothing has changed in construction of dwelling

0 Likes
Big_Bubba
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, very similar to my problem but it appears that the primary focus of the tower in my area was changed to better support the other side of the state highway, which used be a terrible reception area and I now find I can get a very good signal, as I had pointed out in my original post when I said if I drive a mile down the road towards the tower the reception is much better.

0 Likes
Big_Bubba
Enthusiast - Level 2

It just occurred to me that what I really need is the "can you hear me now" guy to come out and fix my problem from my yard.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate the additional information Big_Bubba. Have you contacted our Technical Support Team to file a trouble ticket with our network engineers? If you are experiencing difficulties with signal even while outdoors, I would suggest to submit a trouble ticket. Our network engineers will go out to the area and investigate towers and signal.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Big_Bubba
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please provide me with the contact information for the technical support team so that I can contact them. Thank you.

0 Likes