How To Deal With Shady Salespeople
chuck07
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday my sister went to look at the Droid Razr Maxx, to see if she wanted to buy it. The plan was to buy it from Amazon, because they have better rates and I would rather them get some of the cash since Verizon started the $30 upgrade fee.

The salesperson started lying to her to convince her to buy it on the spot.

1. The double data was ending that day. (Guess what, it is still going on, ends 6/6 not 6/5)

2. That she would not get double data if she bought it from Amazon.  (I went onto Amazon to verify, and guess what, she could)

Of course, she bought it, because the double data is the big sell, and since it was 'ending' yesterday she was compelled.

So watch out when people you know go to get a phone. The salespeople are taking some hints from car salesmen.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How To Deal With Shady Salespeople
AZSALUKI
Legend

i won't defend all of their salespeople, however, the data promo was originally supposed to end yesterday. they JUST changed it and i suspect it was to get more people to pre order the galaxy s III (which began today). i'm guessing they decided to extend it one day to boost galaxy s III sales today. but yeah....they are salespeople and they tell you what they want to get you to buy on the spot. i just don't know if this one was necessarily lying in this case since it was supposed to end yesterday, and typically amazon doesn't offer all of the same promotions as verizon does. amazon also has different policies related to returns/exchanges and early termination fees, etc, etc......just an fyi. they are still usually cheaper though. also, ordering online with verizon is usually cheaper too. their website offers different sales than their stores. best buy, costco, and target offer better sales often as well.

0 Likes
chuck07
Enthusiast - Level 3

If the guy didn't know he should have said that Amazon may have different promotions, not that they specifically don't have this promotion.

I have never had a problem with this store, they have always been great explaining plans, phones, pretty much everything. That makes this even more surprising.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Lets say you go to your local dealer to by a new Chevy, ya think the rep is going to say, "Hey I am going to lose a ton of commission, but the next town over, Shady Chevy is having a sale, go there instead."

Same with cell reps, they are there to sell and get a commission, not direct you to another store. And apparently, it worked. 

0 Likes
chuck07
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is more like him saying:

"This rebate offered to every dealer by Ford isn't offered by those people, and this rebate ends today"

When neither are true.

0 Likes