How I lost my girlfriend for Verizon
whiteocean

I’d like to share my amazing story with Verizon. I’ve been with Verizon for almost a year, not too long but quite satisfied with the service.

Now it looks ridiculous how I liked Verizon’s service and how hard I tried to convince my friends to switch to Verizon.

The day before yesterday, I received the new iPhone I ordered for my friend. They said it cannot be activated for some reason for that day. Fine, no big deal.

Yesterday I called and told Verizon to port a line from ATT, replacing the temporary number. I gave clear instructions of the new iPhone device ID, the temporary number. I thought, how hard can it be?

I was totally wrong. 2 minutes later, I got weird message saying my phone number invalid on my Samsung galaxy phone that I used for a long time. That is the phone number I always had with Verizon and never intended to change. At first, I was questioning myself, “Did I say something wrong or didn’t make myself clear?” Then again I realized, it couldn’t be. I didn’t even give the device ID for my Samsung ID. Then I called, and figured out the technician accidentally replaced my own number instead of the temporary number. I thought now I had to have someone to switch that. How hard can it be?

I was totally wrong again. After more than 8-hour talking on the phone, being transferred to different department again and again, nobody can help me with it. Their explanation is that there is an error status. My own line was completely closed. (BTW, how can anyone close my line without even a single confirmation from me or from my device?)

Yesterday, unfortunately was my girlfriend’s birthday. I had plans with her in my tight schedule. They were all ruined as I ended up spending the whole day with Verizon. Apparently “this is MY mistake of often speaking well of Verizon and adding my friends into family plan”.  I promised her to make up for her birthday next day as Verizon promised me this would be fixed the first thing in the morning.

I am about to graduate in May and I’ve been applying dozens of jobs with contact number being my cellphone. I was expecting to get 4 phone interviews and potential more than 10 possible phone contacts from recruiters. I missed the phone call, I missed the job opportunity.

It’s been more than 28 hours and it’s still not fixed. I cannot imagine how many important calls I missed and what a different career I could have. I never want my phone number back so desperately, yet the good and great Verizon put me on hold.

If’s forgivable to make mistake but not forgivable for not being able to correct mistake. I learned about database too and I know Verizon must have a poor enough technology infrastructure to be like this.

Although I should be super busy these two days, but as I don’t have a valid phone number to provide with, I can’t do anything.

My friends call me a liar of saying how good Verizon is because he can't use his phone number now either.

My parents just told me a bad news. I invited them to come to U.S. this May for my graduation commencement. Their appointment with the U.S. Embassy for Visa application was yesterday. I am their contact person in U.S. and make sure their trip is good to go. The contact number was my cell. The staff reject my father’s visa not because no one answers the phone but it does not exist. Now my parents can never attend my commencement because the waiting period for reapply is 30 days.

I don’t know which English word I can use for my frustration right now.

I can only say: GOOD JOB VERIZON! THANKS!

1. P.S. If you don’t believe these, I can email you the proof of the above. I wish I were extravagating but that’s the fact.
Labels (1)
0 Likes