Horror Story!!!
Geoffe

Horror story!  So here is my week of hell with Verizon.  Last Friday I went to my local store and was going to re-up my 2 year contract which ended in February.  I had 2 phones on the Device Installment Plan, not the Edge program, and paid them off early.  I was then accepted for the Edge program and then things went down hill.  They could not process my order as the system said I was still on contract for the 2 phones I just paid off.  SO I waited 24 hours to see if the system would catch up.  Saturday I went back tot he store and they still could not process my order.  Screen says something like "customer has one deivce on this contract already".  They know I don't since I just paid it off.  So a series of many many hours spent with tech support began.  I submitted trouble tickets and had expedited trouble tickets galore.  SO now after a week they tell me I will have to wait until the next billing cycle.  That will be in 2 weeks... without a phone.  I was lied to by so many customer service reps that I cannot even begin to tell you.  They said it will be resolved in 24 hours so many times that I should have my phones by now.  Still no answers. I guess the lesson learned here is DO NOT pay off a device installment early.   AT&T here I come...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horror Story!!!
Not applicable

Everything catches up on your next billing date. It is not the end of the world

AT&T will be glad to get you.

Good Luck at your new provider

0 Likes
Geoffe

I think it is ridiculous to make a person wait until the next billing cycle.  My contract is up.  I own nothing on device installment plan.  So let's make the customer wait 30 days past the next billing cycle.  Makes a lot of sense to me. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Unfortunately that is the crazy way the verizon system is set up.

I recently made a purchase on my account, when I tried to buy another device for cash I had to wait until my bill closing date and then some.

After my old bill closed out I had to wait six days until the new bill generated. And I paid full price. It is just a poor computer system.

Good Luck

0 Likes