Horrible Experience with iPhone 7 Plus Christmas Deal-CHANGING to AT&T
MARWKS24

I purchased the iPhone 7 Plus 256 GB on Thursday, January 22th, 2016 OVER the PHONE with a Verizon customer rep, Tara.  She said that iPhone 7 PLUS 256GB was only $10/month, every month for 24 months, after the initial two payments of $40/mo. I was on the phone with Tara for over 30 minutes confirming the details of this promotion. I said to her several times “are you sure this is correct? This feels too good to be true. I feel like this is a scam.” To which she replied “No sir, this is promotion through Verizon. This is no scam. It’s just a great deal.” I asked her several times to confirm each amount. I paid an extra $20 to have the phone shipped overnight, so that I could give this as a gift to my sister for Christmas. The total came to $82.86 for the payment of an activation fee, shipping, and taxes and surcharges. I was charged immediately during the call. She asked me to hold while she ran the payment and so I could also receive my confirmation email that I had purchased the phone. Sure enough, Verizon sent me a confirmation email while I was on the phone confirming the purchase.

Not only did the package not arrive before Christmas, it arrived on December 28th, well after Christmas. My sister, overly eager to receive her gift, called Verizon on Dec 24th to check the status of Christmas gift. Sure enough, she was told by another representative that the $82 that was charged did not include the cost of shipping. It was just for the cost of the taxes and fees. She was so disappointed. The representative she spoke to confirmed the details of the promotion- $40/mo for the first two months then $10/mo every thereafter. The deal was good, no matter how disappointed she was, she wasn’t going to complain because she felt as though it was worth waiting for.

I called on January 7th to pay my bill and spoke to a third Verizon representative, who informed me that the phone was not $10/month (after the 2nd month), but $40 every month. After a long conversation that lead nowhere, I had to file compliant.  They reviewed the conversation that took place and THE 1ST VERIZON REPRESEATNATIVE DID ACTUALLY SAY $10/MONTH (after the 2nd month) for an iPhone 7 plus 256gb.  They said the promotion expired on December 21st and it was $25/month for iPhone 7plus 256gb and not $10/mo.

I think the Verizon rep wanted to make a sale and lied to get me to pay the price.

After listening to the recording of the initial sale, Verizon should have done the right thing and honored the deal that representative made with me. She should be fired for lying to me to make a sale. It’s one thing to be unsure of the promotion. It’s another thing to say that you are absolutely sure that this is a good deal and it is not a scam. From all the similar reports on the Verizon web board and social media, I think the Better Business Bureau needs to be aware of these practices.

I will be changing my carrier to AT&T.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible Experience with iPhone 7 Plus Christmas Deal-CHANGING to AT&T
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You purchased the phone on January 22, 2016 for this past Christmas present?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MARWKS24

no.  It was December 22, 2016.

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

It sucks because the customer agreement:

This Agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement.

you can find that towards the bottom of the Verizon customer agreement.... But to be honest the phone you got is normally $40.41/month. they are giving you a $15.00 credit every month for 24 months. That's $360.00 off the total cost of the phone. ($969.99 ordinal full retail). I don't know if this was a trade in promo because I didn't see anything about a trade in in the post but it is still a good deal for the particular model of phone you received.

I still hope something gets done anyway though.... Good luck

0 Likes
MARWKS24

NO.  they are having me pay $40.41/month.  there is NO $15.  that would appreciate if there was

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

Dude, that sucks..... I completely missed the part where they told you that you missed the promo dates. I would call back and see if you can get a supervisor on the line who can help.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Have you ever worked in retail at Christmas time? There are sooooooo many promotions going around it is hard to keep them straight. The rep is a person and is entitled to make mistakes. Instead of accosting her saying she only wanted a sale you should give her the benefit of the doubt. I am sure that you are 100% all of the time and NEVER make a mistake.

Honestly, the promotion you speak of was available online. Did you check your options BEFORE calling in to talk to someone? Were you an educated consumer?