Horrible Customer Service and Resolution to SIMPLE issues
PLS_

An Email sent to the CEO of Verizon Wireless Lowell McAdam

Mr McAdam,

I am a new customer to VZW in the Boston area.  I switched from AT&T in May purchasing through the EDGE program a NEW Galaxy Note 4.  Since that time I have had to get 4 replacement phones for the same reason, overheating to the point that it has caused damage to a car seat and left a marks on my skin.  I have run every diagnostic that the technical support tiers have told me to do, done 6+ factory resets and been on the phone with one representative or another, including a Samsung rep, for over a total time of 10+ hours, 4 with in the last 4 days.  On Many of those occasions I was told one thing by a representative and a completely different from another, within the matter of 5 minutes.  Many have been rude and disrespectful to me calling me a "liar", "Overly concerned about a non issue because it's not in their logs as an issue", "fraud" and other accusations from a Verizon company representative.   

Every single time the only response that I have received is that Verizon is going to send me a new NOTE 4.  It seems as though the issue with the Note is a sub system in the firmware that overheats the CPU and Battery by using high device resources and then shuts off the phone.  I have contacted Samsung and talked with a VP of software engineering and they are aware of the issue on Verizon, but not enough complaints to warrant a recall or patch.  The various phones that I have received have burned my hand, leg and left a mark on my car seat. 

I am concerned that, although this is not your direct responsibility, I will have horrible customer Service and replacements going forward on a weekly or bi-weekly basis always with the same result of sending me a "NEW" defective device.  This is not an acceptable solution due to the fact that I am always being contacted from the office or clients, but have to leave my phone off for a majority of the day and only use it when necessary.  As I do not have a house line and am on the road a lot, this is unacceptable service and a breach in the service contract that I signed with Verizon Wireless.

Since I have not been able to reach a suitable solution to meet my needs and customer service/technical service has not helped in any way I will be forced to switch to AT&T.  I will not pay the service cancellation fee as this has been a breach in service contract on the Verizon Wireless side.

I thought that Verizon was going to be #1 in customer satisfaction.  I was an AT&T customer for 9 years and never had to go through this much of an issue with them EVER.

I will continue to call the various numbers for some person to talk to and maybe I will get the one person that can assist in solving this issue to my satisfaction. 

I did get help from one CS individual in South Carolina, Alice Stewart, that might be able to assist me.  She certainly has been the nicest person and most helpful person at Verizon that I have talked to yet.  Please recognize that she should be the standard of good customer service.

Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience to discuss this issue with the phone, service, customer service, options to replace the device, and to discuss the horrible service that I have received from Verizon over the past 3 months.Verizon Admin Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible Customer Service and Resolution to SIMPLE issues
Snn5
Legend

PLS! wrote:

As I do not have a house line and am on the road a lot, this is unacceptable service and a breach in the service contract that I signed with Verizon Wireless.

Verizon sells you service:  calls, texts, and data.  The contract is not for devices.  There is an ETF on contracts that helps recoup lost revenue and loss of money for Verizon since you bought the phone on subsidy.  Samsung is who you should go to since they manufactured the phone.

Since I have not been able to reach a suitable solution to meet my needs and customer service/technical service has not helped in any way I will be forced to switch to AT&T.  I will not pay the service cancellation fee as this has been a breach in service contract on the Verizon Wireless side.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

You may dispute but will be responsible for any charges during the period of dispute until resolution.  You must also pay the ETF if you break contract, since the contract is for you to pay Verizon and Verizon to provide you with calls, texts, and mobile data.  Again, the contract has nothing to do with equipment, other than you get the equipment at a reduced price in exchange for signing a 2 year contract.

Many of us have had devices that seemed to need constant replacement, but truthfully, after x-number replacements we have to look at other reasons for device failure, especially if this isn't a widespread epidemic.

mikenj2015
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lol..He probably is laughing at u...switching companies takes less

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

What?

0 Likes
mikenj2015
Enthusiast - Level 3

talking about the Ceo thise people dont care more than a bonus after their salary..if cuatomer service doesnt work give up

0 Likes