Horrible Coverage in Santa Clara, CA
gunan

I live in a location which is marked with 4G LTE coverage in the all mighty verizon coverage maps.

However, I cannot even get stable voice calls inside my home. Also even around my home.

And guess what? All the other carriers which you make fun of in your commercials, every single one of them have perfect coverage.

One final very disturbing thing. Why is it so difficult to report a coverage issue to you guys?

Do you just think your coverage is soo perfect that noone should complain about it?

I went to quite a few verizon stores, and they just kept redirecting em to other places to report such issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible Coverage in Santa Clara, CA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
gunan, we'd be just as concerned with the service issues you are experiencing while at your home. Definitely want you to experience great coverage where ever you may be. What zip code are you located in, and what is the make/model of the phone you are using?

Has service always been this way?

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
gunan

Hi, here is the information you requested:

our zip code is 95054.

We have used Htc One M7(Multiple phones used/replaced through insurance), Samsung Galaxy S4 (multiple devices through insurance), Samsung Galaxy S5 and Nexus 6, and all had the same issue.

ever since we moved in June 2014, we had this issue, and I had been trying to find someone and report the issue.

The signal is horrible in the apartment complex (near Rivermark shopping center), when I get out on the street, again, still horrible, then I cross the street, it is slightly, very slightly better but still bad.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for providing us with your zip code and all these additional details, gunan. Reviewing over your zip, I can see that there may be some local terrain/environmental factors which likely are having an effect on service. Building materials can also affect the reception. If a ticket has not been set up to review the area further, we can definitely help out with this.
NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
gunan

No ticket has been opened for my issues yet. All people did until today was to bounce me around.

In the meantime, I wish you updated your coverage maps. Noone is going to remove the buildings from the area, and in any direction, 500 yds from my house, I could not get 4G reception.

Also, this is the last chance verizon gets. I am sick of paying twice as much for non-existent service.

If I do not see that any meaningful action is taken/suggested, I am switching. Almost all other carriers are willing to pay my early termination fees anyway.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the additional information gunan! We certainly don't want to lose you and will look into this matter for you to see what we can do to restore your service. On estimate how far do you have to travel before you get consistent and reliable service?

CandiceH_VZW
0 Likes
gunan

in 1 blocks, I usually get stable 3G service. in two blocks, most of the time I get stable 4G service, but not in all directions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
gunan,

That's definitely helpful to know! How about for calls/texts? How many bars do you usually see at home and how many when you go a block or so away? Is it any better just outside the building than in it?

AndrewT_VZW
0 Likes
gunan

In my apartment, even in front of the window, I get dropped calls, nightmarish voice quality, and delayed sms.

The most I can get is two bars, sometimes.

This correlates with 4G, as I get further, as I see 4G reception I get better voice quality.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
gunan,

That definitely isn't the sort of experience we want you to see. What phone are you using at the moment? There may be some settings we can try to adjust that could help. Two bars should be a solid connection though it's certainly not great and can be tough if that's the best you can get. Do you get any data connection there? Is it the same right outside the building with at best 2 bars?

AndrewT_VZW
0 Likes