HomeFusion - Who actually stays below the monthly cap?!?
TexasRebel
Enthusiast - Level 3

15 days into my billing cycle and I'm at 27GB out of 30GB. I watch all YouTube videos at 360P. I stream some audio programs which are 56Kbps or lower.

I've had HomeFusion 30GB since 1/5/13 and I've never stayed below 30GB. It's impossible unless I power off all my devices when I'm not needing access to something online, which is rare.

I mentioned this at a VZW corporate store and was told that I wasn't the only complaining about the low data caps for a product that's being marketed as a residential product.

I'm pay $200+ a month for this effin service!!! This is nothing short of price gouging for data. Before I moved over to HomeFusion I had also used Exede from ViaSat and Hughesnet Gen4. Both are the same way. Gouging the hell out of their customers for data. I'm paying more for internet than I pay for electricity or any other utility.

What is data?!? just modulated information over a radio frequency either by wireline or wireless. I work in the world of IT.. Over the past 20 years I've seen the price of hardware go down as it gets more robust and advanced. Data used was never a concern unless you worked with databases and had limited storage space.

Why does VZW think charging for data is a good business model?? They have 115 million customers as of Q4 2012. Even if everyone of those 115 million people paid only $50 a month for service, VZW would rake in $5.7 billion each month. We know that most of those 115 million pay quite a bit more than $50 a month. I would approximate that VZW makes 7-10 billion a month.. Isn't that enough?!?

There's absolutely no reason why anyone should have to pay over $100 a month for internet usage over a wireless connection.

I'm guessing the reason it's so high is because the value of the US dollar is next being worthless, so it take more $$$ to buy things..

VZW if you actually read these posts... please consider raising your data caps for HomeFusion customers.. Many of us feel we are getting priced way too high for such a little amount of data...

Labels (1)
Re: HomeFusion - Who actually stays below the monthly cap?!?
jcneal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel your pain! I'm returning my HomeFusion router because my data usage is reported to be four or five times as much as what I used previously with MiFi devices. My Internet patterns are exactly the same as before but the data usage absolutely explodes.  By day 2 after installation I'd used more than 8 GBs, by day 4 I'd used more than 12! I simply don't understand how that can be. I got Verizon to submit a trouble ticket to look into it, but their research said the equipment is functioning properly and data reporting is accurate, so that's just the way it is. The only explanation they could give was that 4G is so much faster than 3G that it enables me to do more, to click on more webpages, etc. etc., even though I may not realize it. I don't buy that explanation at all because I'm NOT doing more online than I was before. The 3G MiFi may be slower but at least I feel like I'm getting something for my money. Not so at all with HomeFusion. It's as if the megabytes just fly out the window. I have to say though, the speed and connectivity were great, but the data reporting technology - or whatever it is - leaves a lot to be desired.  What a disappointing and frustrating experience this has been.

scott21
Contributor - Level 2

HomeFusion sucks period.

0 Likes
dlwebb34

The first month I had it they said I used over 60 gigs of data. That was after I started powering stuff off at night when I saw my "usage" adding up. I called three times about the phantom data usage and the CS rep rep said they would refund $200 of that bill. After two months, no refund so I called back. I was told the refund was denied by technical support because they said the charges were valid.

Their own forum is filled with these complaints but they don't care because they are the top dog. What a bunch of BS. I still see data used when EVERYTHING is off. I'm paying $129 for 40 gigs and barely staying under that with two computers. No video streaming involved.

Verizon = no customer service.............

Too bad they don't read their own forums.

0 Likes
kLew88

I just cancelled and the only way I didnt use "phantom" data is when I unplugged the power supply to the Cantenna itself...

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
RawnsNeed
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is something way off about the way they are calculating their data usage numbers and I'm pretty sure they are cheating everyone.  I do a ~150MB update on my machine and it showed 500 MB of data used for that time period.  The engineers don't listen, customer service doesn't listen.  There's something really fishy about this product and I've got a feeling it will only be a matter of time before someone files a class action suit.

0 Likes
TCoakley

It is crazy that you can use your entire months limit in less than the first 24 hours.  Very reminiscent of the 1990's internet connection charges.   If you went full out for a month you could get a $9,000 internet bill. 

They really need to at least offer a couple additional packages of 40 and 50g.  Right now they just seem like their parents were never married.

0 Likes