Home Phone Service via Verizon Wireless needs some SERIOUS rethinking!
KeyGroupGJ

Has anyone else signed up for home phone service over Verizon Wireless?

Here in LA, they offered a $19.99/month deal using the wireless service - a box provides the service, and you plug your home phone in. The service is adequate, but somebody forgot to think about how home phones work. I tried to get my billing set up through my bank, and after getting no notice for three weeks, I got a message in my email box that my bill was delinquent, and I owed a late fee. I had tried to set up the billing via My Verizon, but could never get a password to work. I finally got a phone number to call, and they sent me a new password via text message - to a home phone with no text capabilities. After hearing and seeing nothing for another two weeks, I called again, and they told me they'd sent the message. I had to remind them that this was a home phone - no texts. So they offered to send me a letter with a new password, within 7-10 ten days. It arrived two weeks later, and didn't work. Each of these phone calls took about an hour, and I still didn't have a connection.

I put the bills (now up to two delinquent cycles) on my credit card, just to bring thins current, and got one more password. This time I called BEFORE trying it, and with the assistance of a more determined tech, got an ID and password combination to work. I can now see my bill. I still don't know if the autopay will work, and I have no idea if there's any way to get a notice that the bill wasn't paid.

I cancelled my AT&T service because of its cost, but at least its billing worked. Verizon has some serious rethinking to do about how it's billing system works for home users. And they didn't lock me into billing hell for two years.

The topper is, today, I got a notice from Verizon that I've been delinquent in returning a refurbished instrument I never received, billed to a phone number I don't have. And of course there's no phone number to call to straighten it out. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Home Phone Service via Verizon Wireless needs some SERIOUS rethinking!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello KeyGroupGJ!

Wow, Im sorry for all the issues you have had with the Home Phone Connect service! I'd really like to assist you. You mentioned that there is no number to call to get this straightened out. No worries, there is no need to call us, since I can reach out to you. Please send me a direct message with your name, your mobile number, and a good contact number for you. I'll be happy to assist you!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes