Home Phone Connect not working as expected? I am considering it, would it be a big mistake?
Gingtc

I live in a rural area on the Western Slope of Colorado.  My cell phone through Verizon works fine.  The landline phone company has a monoply, and they are very expensive.  There is no shopping for another local landline company. I have been considering the "Home Phone Connect" for nearly a year now.   What I have read for reviews is not all that great, yet, most of the reviews are a year or more old.  I would really like to read some updated reviews on this product.

Can anyone help me?. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Home Phone Connect not working as expected? I am considering it, would it be a big mistake?
rcschnoor
Legend

In the year and a half I had Home Phone Connect, it worked great. I had no complaints with it. I dropped it when I changed my account from the Nationwide Family Share plan to the Share Everything plan because I didn't feel like paying a $20 access fee every month instead of the $10 access fee I was paying while on my old plan.

Other than that, I never had any problems with it.

Keep in mind, most of the negative reviews I have read had to do with the limitations of the device which are clearly spelled out in the literature. For example, the explanation of the product clearly states it does not have fax capabilities yet people give it a bad review when purchasing the product and complain that they cannot send/receive faxes with the device. THAT is a research problem with the purchaser and NOT with the product.

It also is not compatible with phone based security systems.

In the entire time I had the device, though, I never had any problems with it.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Home Phone Connect not working as expected? I am considering it, would it be a big mistake?
rcschnoor
Legend

In the year and a half I had Home Phone Connect, it worked great. I had no complaints with it. I dropped it when I changed my account from the Nationwide Family Share plan to the Share Everything plan because I didn't feel like paying a $20 access fee every month instead of the $10 access fee I was paying while on my old plan.

Other than that, I never had any problems with it.

Keep in mind, most of the negative reviews I have read had to do with the limitations of the device which are clearly spelled out in the literature. For example, the explanation of the product clearly states it does not have fax capabilities yet people give it a bad review when purchasing the product and complain that they cannot send/receive faxes with the device. THAT is a research problem with the purchaser and NOT with the product.

It also is not compatible with phone based security systems.

In the entire time I had the device, though, I never had any problems with it.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Gingtc

Thank you for your quick response.   I read a lot of reviews about the phone not always ringing?  What was that all about?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I wouldn't know as I never had that problem.

0 Likes