Home Fusion disconnecting dozens of times per day. Is there a fix?
jim0020

As of a approximately a month ago, my Home Fusion systems disconnects dozens of times per day.  I'm not exaggerating!  I have logs to prove it.  There's a 50-50 chance it will reconnect on it's own after a few minutes.  Then again there's also a 50-50 chance it will not reconnect, at which point I have to (pick one):

a) reboot the cantenna from the router pages;

b) unplug the cantenna and plug it back in;

c) unplug the cantenna and the router, wait 30 seconds, plug in the cantenna, wait 30 seconds, plug in the router.  (This was recommended by tech support on the phone as the best way to get back the connection);

d) reset the cantenna to the factory settings;

e) reset the router to the factory settings.

None of these makes any difference.  I have to do one of the above at least 12 times a day.  There are many more times when it disconnects, then reconnects on it's own.  The system will usually reconnect after 5 minutes, sometimes not. I've had multiple phone calls to tech support, only to hear the same thing, do one of the above.  A few times a day the system will reconnect after doing one of the above, only to disconnect again after 3-5 minutes.  It is bad all hours of the day, but worst in the late afternoons, evenings, and night.   This is absolutely horrid.

It's not my computers either.  The 'diagnostics' for the router and cantenna (which allow you to ping addresses) fail as well when the system isn't working.

My wife and I both work from home, both engineers.  I need a stable connection to work.  My kids have online homework (worksheets, drills, etc) most nights.  How do you deal with a elementary schooler in tears because he can't finish his homework because the connection goes down three times in a half hour while he's trying to get a target math drill score?

One support tech told me a fix would be coming out by the end of February, or early March.  That's weeks away!  Very stressful.  Another told me there was a firmware fix, but it's being rolled out incrementally.  Can't Verizon get that to those who are affected most?  Can we roll back to an earlier version of the cantenna firmware that was stable?  I was told no.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Home Fusion disconnecting dozens of times per day. Is there a fix?
drrjv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. My Home Fusion set up works great sometimes and then other times, nothing. I can usually reboot the cantenna and router (usually have to do a few times) to get everything working. Usually have to do this 2-3 times a week (sometimes more.)

My Method:

1. Sign into router (192.168.1.1)

2. Go to the Advanced tab

3. Reboot the cantenna (HBA)

4. Wait 1 minute

5. Reboot the router (HBR)

6. Take a walk, fingers crossed

7. Test to see if system working

8. If not working, repeat these steps (may take 3-4 tries!)

Good luck and let me know if this works for you!

0 Likes