Re: Home Fusion-LTE Internet Installed is a hotspot on Unlimited!!
JEFRAN13
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like a personal message on how you can keep me also

0 Likes
DAVLOV44
Enthusiast - Level 2

My experiences are identical to everyone else here (went from 40GB plan to "unlimited" without knowing about 10GB throttling).  I asked about going back to my old plan.  "Management" was consulted and said that nothing could be done until the end of the billing month (3 weeks away at the time).  I said I would find something else before then.  I tried Unlimitedville's Yellow plan (cheapest) but it didn't work for me.  Within their 14-day free trial, I returned that system and ordered/received the Pink plan (the next, least expensive) with the Mofi SIM4.  It worked great!  I get 40-50mbps download and 15-22 upload.  Unlimitedville refunded the yellow plan to my credit card the day before the device actually reached them.  Highly recommended.  Just hope they stay in business.

Now, here's my question, posted to this thread because several Home Fusion users here have left Verizon:  what do they want you to do with the cantenna?  Did you take it down and hand it to them, or do they just abandon it?

I might also mention, I've replaced both cell phones with T-Mobile phones.  Tried porting my S-6 Edge phones to them but those phones do not get Band 12, which is the most-expanded new band for TMO in rural areas.  Coverage was awful without that.  Bought a TMO Galaxy S-8 and got one free.  They gave me $90 each for the S-6 Edges.  Two lines for $100 flat and pay off one S-8 at $30 a month.

For my two home lines with Home Phone Connect through Verizon, I've replaced them with Ooma Telo with two Linx wireless connections.  As soon as those numbers port over, I will be Verizon-free for the first time since my first Bell Atlantic cell phones in 1990.  I did tell Verizon that they don't know me, but I do hold a grudge and I never bluff.  I will never buy another product or service from Verizon for the rest of my life.

Just want to know what to do with all this Verizon junk I have left over.

MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

They sent me a personal message at one point also. Of course this message was so impersonal that they only leave you the standard support phone number...you know, the one where you are on hold for a minimum of 45 minutes. In over 20 years of being a customer I had always had good experiences with Verizon customer support...until this false unlimited bait & switch scheme that they pulled with the Home Fusion LTE Installed. They know that they are wrong, but they also know that they personally can't do anything to help even if they wanted to. Their "personal" solution for me after all of these years was to go back to the 40G plan and add over $150/month back on to my bill....no thank you. That is why I cancelled the Home Fusion LTE Installed and went with Unlimitedville. Good Luck!

0 Likes
MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow...great that you are getting those speeds!!! When I cancelled and went to yellow plan with Unlimitedville, Verizon Rep's told me that since I had the cantennae and modem for almost five years, that they do not want it back. So I will trash it soon. I plan on using the cantennae mounting system to mount an external antenna that will work with the Mofi router from Unlimitedville....their customer service is very good, and they feel confident that the external antenna that they suggested will improve my speeds to up over 10mbps. I'm in a very marginal service area, so those speeds would be great for me!!

0 Likes
AMYBEC86
Enthusiast - Level 2

So glad for the tip on Unlimitedville! They look like an actual legit option. I wanted the HomeFusion LTE internet because my new home is rural with only Centurylink 3mbps speed service or satelite internet And since we're heavy use family that streams those just won't work for us. Verizon's Unlimited HomeFusion was supposed to be our solution, and it worked fabulously, until the throttle to 3G issue. So I'm assuming since I can get great coverage w/them that Unlimitedville should work the way I had hoped Verizon would.

DAVLOV44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also live in the boonies but the gov't has paid to lay fiber to rural areas which is intended for enterprising companies to connect to for delivering broadband to the taxpayers.  I recommend researching the coverage maps of WiFi providers (little companies, mainly) in your area, along with TMO, Sprint, and AT&T.  Those maps are marginally accurate, of course.  So, I installed apps on my phone from Google Play called Coverage Map and Sensorly.  These are apps that enable reporting from users automatically, so they track along a lot of major roads where more people travel.  You can assess what kind of call quality as well as what LTE data speeds they've gotten on each of the provider networks.

Then, armed with the idea that coverage maps show I'm "covered," my plan was to go through each of Unlimitedville's offerings, returning each within their free period (they also refund postage from them to you but not on your return).  I strongly recommend that you try that if any coverage map shows there is a possibility of getting coverage.  Within that 14-day window, it costs you only return postage to try each service.  You may be surprised.  Sprint gave me only a 10% signal on the little Pocket Wifi device.  The Mofi SIM4 gives four bars, and it's nestled down beside a desk on top of a PC tower.  I have no doubt I could get five bars elsewhere.  I recommend you try another service provider to get more than 10mbps.

An alternative would be to have a friend with a really good phone on each service come to your house and run a speed check (making sure they're not connected to your wifi).

0 Likes
DAVLOV44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to mention, I also installed SignalCheck Pro and LTE Discovery apps to help me assess signal strength and bands used.  Unfortunately, I did not find anything that would tell me what bands OTHER services were using in my area.  Only the ones my phone was connected to.

0 Likes
MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

AMYBEC86...It seems Unlimitedville has been around for a few years now...their Twitter page is loaded with positive comments. There are also other positive reviews around online. They have plans that work with 4 cellular carriers, and as it turned out the Verizon Plan (their most expensive) surprisingly didn't work well for me. I went with their Yellow plan (their least expensive) and it works better than my Home Fusion ever did! They also worked with me all of the way to get me connected, AND extended my 14 day return/trial period to almost a month to make sure that everything worked well. Good luck and keep us posted!

0 Likes
DonJohns49
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amber,

You need a dose of reality and stop putting a spin on the facts if you want my loyally. I’ve had the Verizon Unlimited – until it’s not – Plan since February and each month used about 50-60 GB of data. The first notice of going over 10 GB was received on 4/20 and since then, useless. The first 2 month cycles worked just fine even when the prioritization kicked in at 22 GB. The 10 GB throttling is what BROKE it when rolled out last month. Stop telling people it was part of the plan from the beginning. If it was, I would have changed back to my limited 30 GB plan when throttling would have activated about 10 days later. Verizon Home Fusion is not a hotspot toy like Jetpack or MiFi that people use while on vacation and can tolerate a 10 GB limit. Verizon Home Fusion is a whole home 24/7, 30 days a month service device. Prioritize at 22 GB if you must but remove the 10 GB throttling that makes Home Fusion useless. Least I remind you about the architecture of the Home Fusion modem that does not work at 3G speeds and is even more severely throttled than a Smartphone or Jetpack. AGAIN, your 10 GB throttling makes Verizon Home Fusion USELESS. Don

JRRinNC
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been using Unlimitedville for now for 3 weeks and all I can say is goodbye Verizon.  Unfortunately I'm on a LTE Installed (Cantannae) contract until December, so have to pay the stupid $20 access fee until then. I tried getting off it using chat but of course the rep on there was clueless and could not help whatsoever.  Oh well, I'll pay the $20 per month for a few more months rather than the exhorbitant fee to end the contract early.  I do also have a couple cell phone on Verizon and have been with them for MANY years.   But based on this experience with the "new unlimited that is not unlimited" plan, I will be canceling those as well -- probably the same time.  It looks like I get MUCH better speeds with T-mobile under under Unlimitedville at home, so will be checking them out as well as the other carriers.  I do think it's unfortunate that Verizon has gotten to the point of just not caring about who they lose.  Oh, and Verizon reps, please don't send me your worthless "please don't leave messages".  If you really stop the many many others here with similar issue from leaving, then STOP LYING TO US and FIX THE ISSUE.  So far, Verizon has interjected in this thread with absolutely NO resolution.  Until that happens, I certainly encourage others to check out Unlimitedville or similar options.  (By the way, those who have mentioned satellite -- been there done that -- ALMOST as bad as this "unlimited Verizon".  I'd certainly suggest Unlimitedville even if you have to use their most expensive plan which uses the SAME Verizon coverage, but is TRULY unlimited!)

0 Likes