Home Fusion Calculating Data Usage Incorrectly
khenry40

For the past couple of months I've been tracking my data usage with multiple bandwidth counters.  I even went as far as isolating my usage on a single PC connected to the Home Fusion router by an Ethernet cable and turning off WIFI completely.  My service where I live is touch and go and does not always work.  I find it strange that I was somehow able to use data when the service was down for the last 2 days.  According to my bandwidth counters I should not be over my 30gb plan, but Verizon is telling me I'm on my 4th overage of a 1gb and at $10 per gig that's $40 on top the already over priced $120 a month for my plan.  It's obvious Verizon is aware of this and is reaping the benefits of stealing from there customers.  They need to be stopped!!  I've been on Sprints 3g data on my home network with unlimited data for about 5 years or more and never once used the amount of data Verizon is claiming. If Verizon can't or should I say won't fix the problem, then they need to offer unlimited data. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Home Fusion Calculating Data Usage Incorrectly
Not applicable

Unlimited data is un-sustainable and frankly I'm tired of explaining why. If Verizon had unlimited data you'd be lucky to use your connection at all since everyone would be trying to use Netflix and other stuff all the time and the network is not built for that. What makes you think you bandwidth counters are correct? If Sprint is so great why did you switch? If you live in a area that offers cable and DSL you should be using that. If not then your other choice is satellite internet. Use that for a couple of months and let us know how much worse that is.

0 Likes
Re: Home Fusion Calculating Data Usage Incorrectly
piethief
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had a similar experience. Their router stats bytes in and out showed 1.2 gig, but the website showed 75 gig's overnight! Why can't they give an option to turn off once the cap is hit instead of sending 45 emails while I was sleeping and running up the bill $450 more dollars. Part of the period in question it is showing 1.5 gig's every 8-10 minutes! What web server out there will even support that? I only had 1 computer on this. Now I have not had internet for 3 days, but it still reports data usage. What I have done is run through a switch, set a port to mirror and am running wireshark on a PC connected to the mirror port. I also found a Netgear wireless router that allows traffic metering and set it to disable the WAN at 25 Gb.

0 Likes