Higher Level Customer Service?
meperson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a way to get through to someone at a higher level in customer service than the general line?

I was a former Verizon customer who went to AT&T. Verizon solicited ME back to their service with a promotion that has not been applied to my account for over 4 months. I confirmed with Sales that I was eligible when I signed up, and then a multitude of employees since.

The last rep I spoke to, Joshua, made all the same promises as the other near dozen—that he would be the one to fix the problem and get back to me. He even gave me his direct email. When I questioned him, he promised he would not “ghost” me and the call was on a recorded line. But like all the others who promised to reach out (including Toni, Sharonda, Tyler, Ryan, and Jesse) including the original salesman, Kenneth, his replies were all customer service speak and failed to follow through.

I’m now locked into a contract at a rate I haven’t agreed to and seem to have no recourse or ability to get a useful reply from the Verizon CS team. All over an offer VERIZON solicited to ME.

I’ve wasted many hours chasing this down in the last months. What is my recourse to getting this resolved and who can I speak to who can find me resolution?

Tags (2)
Re: Higher Level Customer Service?
TALKERCW
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue with FIOS after I modified my service.  In fact some of the service rep names you cited are familiar.   It took 5+ months to straighten out my billing.  Verizon did adjust my bill each month, but I had to call and make a fuss.  When my issue was not addressed after the first call, I started keeping a log of each conversation (including the problem ticket # they gave me.)   The reps themselves were polite, professional and it seemed that they wanted to fix the problem, but were not in a position to do so.   All they could do was apply the billing adjustment and log the problem (it seems the resolution was in a backend system/department they could not change.)   I repeatably asked to escalate the issue, but from my perspective that never happened.   I threatened to cancel my service and became increasingly irrate with each call.  Verizon also had a log of all my calls.

Finally, the issue was fixed.   I am not sure if it was the persistent calls I made or there was just a big backlog of problems that took that amount of time to correct.   I never received an explanation.   I am recently retired and have the time to sit on the phone with Verizon - if I were working or was caring for small children, I would not have been able to spend the amount of time I did.  

Verizon needs to better manage customer expectations.   After each call, I thought the problem was finally going to be resolved; each time it was not, I was disappointed.  If it is going to take 5 months  to fix - say so.  If a promise is made to fix an issue and it is not fixed, let the cutomer kmow and provide a realistic time frame.   If Verizon is not going to enable their service reps to resolve issues, they also need to establish an escalation procedure so that the customer's issues are heard and they know what is being done to resolve the issue.

meperson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for sharing your experience—it does sound similar to mine. While I’m sorry you went through it, I’m at least a little relieved to hear it’s not just me. I guess I’ll just need to continue to press Verizon and CS for resolution and document along the way.

0 Likes
LaineyLa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in a similar situation with incompetent VW reps! Good luck!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LaineyLa, this isn't the sentiment we want you to have about us. Let's turn this around. Tell us what have you feeling this way?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
Dee-19
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why can I not get live person at Verizon? I have been on phone waiting for hours...This is crazy...

0 Likes
MichaelProcton
Enthusiast - Level 1

MP,

It seems like you've been fair with VZW, but you're not getting a reasonable resolution.  I've had success in the past (with other companies) using the BBB's dispute resolution services.  The more detail you can give them, the better luck you're likely to have!

Macfahad
Enthusiast - Level 2

@meperson looks like you and I are in the same boat. Was with Verizon for 13+years left. They solicited me back and now that I'm locked for the next 6 months, there changed don't the switch and no one from customer service is able to help. 

im going through bbb to resolve this issue atleast until the 6 months are over and I can go to another provider. 

Macfahad
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Dee-19  that's their new normal. It is simply the worst customer service experience i have ever received. When you do get through to someone make sure they note down everything they tel you on the notes, you can't trust what they tell you. 

0 Likes
mbg39
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having Customer Service Issues also. I placed an order for 5 new phones and when I tried to adjust it the 1st rep said I had to cancel and reorder - no problem. 2nd rep said the first one was worng and the cancellation did not go through. I should just wait for the phones to arrive and make exchanges. Next I get notice from UPS that Verizon changed the delivery address. It seems that different groups in Verizon Customer Service have not idea and no record of what any other group is doing.  Now my orer has been returned but I cant cancel or get my new phones. Of couse this ties up my numbers in the transfer process and I cant even go to another provider. It has now been 3 weeks since I placed the order!
RIDICULOUS!