Help!
mcgrathra

I called verizon, they told me my phone would work for traveling. Now I'm in Italy and I can't make a phone call when I desperately need to. I can't even call the Verizon customer service line. What do I do?????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you access a landline and call global support? http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/global/support.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BethMB

I am experiencing the same thing in Ireland. I have not been able to get any info online *chat doesn't show up*, none of the support numbers online or in the little brochure that came with my phone work from my phone or from a landline. I finally emailed the guy who sold me the phone--just a Verizon dealer and not a Verizon employee--and he says my account is set up correctly with the SIM card.  So what am I paying for if it doesn't work. Why can't the web site have a simple email address to contact or a place to put comments other than this community thing. I'm  hoping I get things sorted out.

Help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this resolved BethMB! We have streamlined our customer response channels to focus on Chat, Social Media and My Verizon to provide quick, direct access to our customer support team. Please contact our Global Support team at 908-559-4899. If you are unable to reach a representative please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message with your mobile number and account verification. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jeff4linda

Tominquebo_VZW, can you help me, too?  I am in Italy and staying in a place with no landline available.  I arrived in Europe on Thursday, first in Germany with no service, and then in Italy with no service.  Yikes!  I need to be in contact with kids at home!  Can you resolve why my Droid nor my wife's iphone 4s is working here?

Thank you for your reply!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jeff4linda, it's important to us that you stay in touch with your family while internationally traveling. Your wife's iPhone 4S will work in Germany and Italy. However, it has to be provisioned before leaving the U.S. Did you contact us before leaving? We will need to add the free International Dialing feature and Global data plan to enable your device to work. You can add these features online at My Verizon: http://vz.to/Yyg2wF

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jonnacg

I'm having same issue now. No service in Italy, worked last month in Japan with no issues.  Can't get service anywhere in city, am not able to stay in touch with family that is here with us.  Please help! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is just a posting away jonnacg. It will be my pleasure to assist with your global services. Let's start with what make and model device do you have? Have you called to have your account provisioned for global services since you left Japan? I want to take a look at your account to confirm that you have the proper setup. May I ask for you to send me a private message with your mobile number, account passcode, and your sim card number. This way we can get started to the solution right away I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes