Help me please!!
purpleheart87

so I have a pinger app. And I've been texting my friend with it, and all of a sudden today, it stopped out of the blue, saying that the number was invalid, to try putting a + with the country code. And when I called the number, it rang once, and said welcome to Verizon wireless the person you are trying to reach has calling restrictions. But, I was just talking to him.....and then I go and text him off my non pinger number, and everything works.....is he being charged for texting me????? Please help!!!!!!! (ps. he can text me and call me, but i cant text or call him back)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help me please!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The message "welcome to Verizon wireless the person you are trying to reach has calling restrictions." tells me that the account owner of his line went into their MyVerizon account online and add your phone number to a block on his line. The block went into effect shortly before you first got the failed message errors.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

IF the person is international, he is very likely being charged to text you in the U.S.  on More Everything and My Verizon plan sending and receiving international texts with covered countries is included, but his carrier probably does not have free international texting. 

0 Likes
purpleheart87

i live in ny, and he lives in sc, we have been texting and calling each other perfectly fine, until yesterday around 12:30pm. it was instant.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You confused me when you said you put I the country code. depending on his plan, he could still be charged for texts and calls.  Maybe he has prepaid and he used up his plan allotment.  Did you ask him? 

0 Likes
purpleheart87

because the text i received after texting him, pinger sent me a text saying your message did not go through. please make sure its a valid mobile number and try again, if texting internationally use a + followed by the country code and number. and im pretty sure he has unlimited. we have been texting nonstop since 7/30. and everything was working fine, until around 12:30 yesterday. so thats why im asking to see if hes gonna get charged for texting me? or what?, because when i text him off a non pinger phone number, it works perfectly fine.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The message "welcome to Verizon wireless the person you are trying to reach has calling restrictions." tells me that the account owner of his line went into their MyVerizon account online and add your phone number to a block on his line. The block went into effect shortly before you first got the failed message errors.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the block on his line, he can call and text you, but you can't call or text him.

0 Likes