Help! My timezone keeps changing!
Mannka

My husband and I have totally different phones (ones a galaxy, the other is a motorola), but we are both having the same problem. He even got a new phone since this started and it does the same thing. Our phones randomly change time on their own, always by exactly an hour, almost like the phone is changing timezone or daylight savings time. It's really inconvenient when it does that right before your alarm is supposed to go off. Its been going on since at least August, and I've heard of it happening to other people in our area. Is there anything we can do, besides turning off the automatic time zones?

0 Likes
Re: Help! My timezone keeps changing!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Mannka. We understand how important it is to ensure your device displays the correct time. We'll be happy to help. Is the device software up to date? What are the make and model of your devices? ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
Mannka

Motorola Moto Z4 and Samsung Galaxy S9. Both are up to date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Personally, I rely heavily on my phone too. Even for the alarms in the morning. So, the times changing so randomly, would be a huge inconvenience. I'd probably be a lot late, or too early, for a lot of things. I'm sorry this is happening on both of your phones. 

For now, what I would recommend, is changing from Automatic Time Zones, until after the Daylight Savings starts, November 1st. So, on November 2nd, you can change back to Automatic Time Zone, and then restart your phone, and test the time. 

Will that work for you? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
uglysquid
Enthusiast - Level 1

So a year later, I have the same issue, but it's after daylight savings time.  If I restart my phone, which I have it set to do automatically each night, it ends up an hour ahead until I turn airplane mode on and off, then it is fixed until the next restart.  Galaxy Note 9, up to date.

0 Likes
BoBinVa

This happened to me today, too.  Really freaked me out!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

uglysquid, we are concerned to hear you are having trouble with the timezone on your device. To clarify, after you turn Airplane Mode on and off the issue is corrected? Have you done any other troubleshooting steps such as resetting your network settings or device settings? *Joshua

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the correct time and time zone on your device is crucial.  We can definitely get this resolved ASAP.  When did this first start and was anything done recently around that time?  Is this still happening now?  What type of device do you have?-Sean

0 Likes
se15

Just started on my phone today! Set my phone back an hour.  Alarm to get up did not go off!  Teacher!  Google Pixel 2xl.

0 Likes
Jess64

Me and my dad are having the same issue it started bout a month ago.   Verizon said it's my phone but other people in the community are having the same issue. My phone isn't old.  And everybody has a different brand of phone.   Network issues and Verizon isn't doing anything to help.  

0 Likes