Highlighted

Help! My timezone keeps changing!

My husband and I have totally different phones (ones a galaxy, the other is a motorola), but we are both having the same problem. He even got a new phone since this started and it does the same thing. Our phones randomly change time on their own, always by exactly an hour, almost like the phone is changing timezone or daylight savings time. It's really inconvenient when it does that right before your alarm is supposed to go off. Its been going on since at least August, and I've heard of it happening to other people in our area. Is there anything we can do, besides turning off the automatic time zones?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Help! My timezone keeps changing!

Customer Support

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Mannka. We understand how important it is to ensure your device displays the correct time. We'll be happy to help. Is the device software up to date? What are the make and model of your devices? ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Motorola Moto Z4 and Samsung Galaxy S9. Both are up to date.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Personally, I rely heavily on my phone too. Even for the alarms in the morning. So, the times changing so randomly, would be a huge inconvenience. I'd probably be a lot late, or too early, for a lot of things. I'm sorry this is happening on both of your phones. 

For now, what I would recommend, is changing from Automatic Time Zones, until after the Daylight Savings starts, November 1st. So, on November 2nd, you can change back to Automatic Time Zone, and then restart your phone, and test the time. 

Will that work for you? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes