Help!- My number shows up as private, and I can't receive calls
erinerin

I have an LG VX4500 phone.  All of a sudden....my number is showing up on other peoples phone as "private"...we have not blocked our number.  Also, we no longer receive calls.....when someone tries to call us....the caller doesn't hear a ring at all....just a pause...then it rolls to voicemail.  I'm also getting an error when I try to check my voicemails.

-I have tried using *228 and resetting the phone

-I don't think I have call forwarding on....I can't find any information in the manual on how to do this...or un-do it

Any help would be greatly appreciated...thank you

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Help!- My number shows up as private, and I can't receive calls
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

what does the error say when you are checking your voice mail?  You may want to check your online account to make sure  the phone number is not set to private. My Verizon-->my services-->my plan-->under additional features-->add/remove features-->select phone line-->basic features-->Caller ID Blocking and select Remove-->Continue

0 Likes
erinerin

Thank you for responding.

Yesterday I had checked my account on-line....just as you had suggested....but it was not set to private.  I wasn't sure of the exact error message when checking my voicemail...so I just tried it again, to get the error message...and guess what...it's working OK!!  I called my other phone and the number no longer shows up as private.  And I called myself on the VZ cell phone....and I can now receive calls!

I've been working on trying to solve this problem for 3 days...and all of a sudden it starts working properly....go figure.  I'm guessing that there was some problem with the verizon network.

Again....thanks for responding....Erin

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Yeah sometimes there can be temp glitches in the network. Glad your problem got fixed though.

0 Likes