Help My Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Doesn't Turn On
Max0721

After updating the system software from to NC5 my power button and my middle button doesn't turn on my screen anymore. It responds when it wants to and most of the time it doesn't turn my screen on so that I can see what I'm doing! Some of the time it will turn on my screen but won't let me enter in my password as if the screen just muted itself. This was never an issue before the update. WHAT HAPPENED? I've already tried rebooting the phone however it is still doing this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help My Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Doesn't Turn On
mike14r

Mine was doing the same thing. When I opened the cover it wouldn't turn on. Also would not wake up with the buttons. Web pages wouldn't load etc. I turned it off then back on and was a little better. Verizon just replaced my sim card so I guess we will see what happens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly odd! I'm sorry to hear that you're running into this issue. Let's investigate further. Does this occur after a phone call or text messages specifically or is this issue random? Have you tested the device in Safe Mode since running into the issue? http://vz.to/1r0L3KB

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Max0721

Yosef, It's sporadic. It's usually happens when I'm able to get in....review some emails, check social media, etc. Once I'm done with those things, I hit the home button the I hit the power button to turn off the screen and let's say if I missed something and try to turn it back it on it doesn't respond, the screen doesn't turn back on and stays black. I can sometimes see the buttons below turn white so my phone is still on but the screen doesn't light up. Once in a while it will light up the screen however I'm not able to type in my password as if the screen disables the touch itself.

0 Likes
flutered
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had similar problems only after 2 months with a new phone (same model) and
after having it inspected at a Verizon store they suggested I send it back, which I did on time. 2 weeks later I received a picture of a phone via e-mail with a cracked screen!?? I was billed $300 with no means of recourse, have spoken to customer service 3x in 2 months to no avail. each time they say they will call back. meanwhile $300 plus late fees and continual charges are piling up.  Be careful how you handle it. I am (was) a customer for over 10 years with no previous problems

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Max0721, thanks for these details. It sounds like a software issue. We recommend that you uninstall any unwanted applications. Additionally, you will need to clear the cache on that device to improve the performance of it, as well. Click http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/77829 for the steps. Lastly, power your device off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

flutered,

I am so sorry to hear about the charge for a damaged device on your bill. I know unexpected charges are never fun. Did you ship the device back yourself or did the store ship it back for you? Please private message me so we can dig deeper into these charges.

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
flutered
Enthusiast - Level 2

I shipped the phone personally, after discussing this with 3 different reps. on the phone I've waited long enough for a response, ( see original post) I've had to pay on my account as not to have a disruption of service.

I am still disappointed but if you have a solution?

0 Likes