Has anyone had their coverage downgraded and been charged for an extender ?
walteryar
Enthusiast - Level 1

Service in my area has recently been seriously degraded, and now Verizon says I have to buy their $200 box to get back the service I had in the past. As a long time customer I feel like I'm being ripped off, and I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. When I broke my phone I had to pay to replace it. Now Verizon has broken my service and wants me to pick up the bill. AT&T has been giving these boosters to their customers for free, and it hardly seems right to charge me extra for the service I already had.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone had their coverage downgraded and been charged for an extender ?
Not applicable

Walteryar, that is not good that your service has degraded. Are you having degraded service issues in your home or everywhere? When did this start happening? Are any other lines on the account having service issues? Besides voice issues, are having trouble with text messaging or data? Are you having any device issues?

We certainly don't want you to feel ripped off. The reason we offer the network extender is for the home or office use. We do not guarantee service in the household and the network extender acts to supplement the service you are not getting in your house or office. You certainly don't have to buy the network extender it is just an accessory that we offer to our customers who live in limited communication areas. I hope this helps. Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
walteryar
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi SammuelP

Thanks for contacting me. The service in my house was excellent until a few

months ago. When I got my new Thunderbolt I could sit anywhere in my home and

get 3G no problem. Then downloads became impossible. My phone will usually ring,

but the caller can't hear my voice and theirs is breaking up, and then the call

drops. I have to go up to the deck on the roof of my house and call back ( line

of sight to the nearest cell tower ). I know that I wouldn't have a complaint if

this was the service I always had, but I have lived in this home for 6 years,

and had Verizon service for probably 10 years now, and I never had a problem

with service in this house before. My wife has had the same calling issues

although she only has a basic phone. Our new neighbors next door also have

Verizon and they told me their reception is bad too. I don't know if some

technician rotated an antennae because someone else complained, or if their was

a software change in the system or what, but the signal level in my neighborhood

has been degraded, and I don't feel that its fair to make me pay to re-establish

a reasonable signal level where there was one before.

I hope that you can help me with this problem.

Thank You

Walter

created by SammuelP in Verizon Wireless Services - View the full discussion

0 Likes
Not applicable

Walteryar, thanks for posting. In order to resolve your issue can you please DM me your name and number and I can see what other options we have for you. Hope this helps. Thanks.

0 Likes
LemmyCaution
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon offered a network extender to me after admitting that they had lost the lease on a tower serving me.

Coverage at my home has degraded since last fall. After four calls to support, Verizon finally sent an engineer out.

The engineer noted that Verizon had failed to renew the lease on the tower closest to my home. The result is that I am between several towers and I don't have a clean signal. I realize that Im' not in the easiest area - on a hill facing the Pacific.

So, sometimes my calls go through a Malibu site (also indicated on Weather/Clock Widget) Malibu is line of sight, 10-12 miles across Santa Monice Bay - sometimes the calls go through a site generically referred to as Los Angeles.

The customer service rep offered to put me in touch with tech support who offered to SELL a network extender to me after reading the engineer's statement implying that VZW dropped the ball on the tower lease.

Off topic but related - I returned a Thunderbolt back in November that Verizon has not acknowledged receiving - I called repeatedly about this (as recently as 2/2) and was told that they were 'researching' the issue, trying to find the phone and that although there was an equipment charge on the line, there was no danger of my service being suspended. On Saturday 2/4, my service was suspended. I made an irate phone call to Verizon and was given the choice of having my service terminated and account turned over to collections - so, I reluctantly paid the charge.

A later call to another customer service rep indicated VZW had never contacted the warehouse. She DID contact warehouse with ESN. Still no phone so, the problem is apparently in FedEx hands.

The tracking numbers that I and Verizon have do not exist according to FedEx. Hmmm -

It seems like since this equipment issue - Verizon tech/customer support has started treating me like a pariah and not a customer so, I'm reluctant to pay more money to maintain an unfulfiling relationship especially when both issues seem to involve ineptitude on Verizon's part.

That said - I SHOULD have taken a picture of the box/label before dropping it off at the UPS store (handles FedEx too). I've probably exchanged 6 or 8 phones  like this over the years and never had a problem til now. Next time, I will give it to FedEx personally and get a receipt. Warning to everyone -

😞

0 Likes
walteryar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm still getting the same run around too. Everyone at Verizon says that they want to help, but so far all they have done is offer me a discount on the extender. It's like they don't care if I continue with service or not, and it seems so stupid. I've been paying  about $1500 a year for service, and they would rather give that up than supply me with a box they manufacture in China for chump change. They say there is still an open service ticket on my complaint, so I'm trying to be patient, but I've been told that I can get out of my contract due to lack of service so if I don't get some relief soon I'm gone.

canyouhearmenowNOT
Enthusiast - Level 2

They just tried to sell me a network extender too!  I live one mile from the tower.  ALWAYS had excellant service until about 6 months ago when I bought my iPhone.  Now, that phone as well as another iPhone and Blackberry have serious issues with reception.  When I am in a call, I am constantly told, I cannot hear you, you are breaking up.  I am at my wits end.  I have been on the line with VErizon over this issue 4 times in last two months.  I am so sick of the service being so crappy.  So today, I chatted with a gal who tried to sell me the extender for 249.00!!!  WHY should I pay for one.  My service was great until about 6 months ago.  I am ready to just QUIT and send all the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] back and take the hit.

0 Likes