Has Asurion added their insurance to your plan without your permission?
millsde99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been bounced back and forth between Verizon and Asurion four times each pointing a finger at each other.

I had the insurance added to my plan without asking for it.  My first bill, I had Verizon take it off as I have Apple Care for my Iphone. Being on a paperless bill plan and paying on my cell phone where you cannot view the bill with the phone app., I made the mistake of paying my bill without checking them.  Asurion added their insurance back to my bill.  I recently inquired about an employee discount I was waiting to go into effect.  I was told it only applied to family plans, a single user didn't qualify.   As we discussed my bill, it came up about the insurance.  I told woman on the phone to get if off my bill and I wanted a credit for every month I was charged.  She indicated she could see where I had it removed the first month and where it came back up a couple months later.  She couldn't explain it.  Then she said I would have to talk to Asurion directly about a credit, there was nothing Verizon could do!  Yep. a corporation the size of Verizon has relinquish control to a third party insurance company and allows them to add charges to Verizon's customers without approval.  The last time I talked to Verizon and threatened legal action, the girl got permission from her supervisor to credit three months for the fraudulent insurance charges but that was all they were allowed to do.  (That took 4 call back and forth).

I will write the Verizon's board of directors as there is no way to email anyone at Verizon as far as I can discern.  Then I will consult my attorney for any reasonable remedies for relief in this matter.  Then I will quit Verizon and spend the next year telling this story on every social media I have at my disposal.  Absolute insanity to lose a customer for life over $11.00 a month. It would interesting to see how many potential new customers I can dissuade from coming to Verizon.

Labels (1)
Re: Has Asurion added their insurance to your plan without your permission?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

AsurioN has no way to add insurance to anyone's account. They do not have access to billing. It's up to you to review your bills. As a result no credits given. Also apple care does not handle list or stolen devices.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Millsde99, I can understand your frustration. We never want any of our customers this upset with us. Having charges on your bill that you’ve requested to be removed is a major concern. I would love to be able to put a fresh pair of eyes on the account to find out exaclty what is going on. The best way we can do that is in a Direct Message. I did request to follow you. I’ve also sent you a Direct Message, can you please reply back to that message. Looking forward to working with you.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
millsde99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do appreciate your reply I would suggest you check your email format it is very difficult to read I also would like to know when I can expect a refund or credit for these charges

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
millsde99
Enthusiast - Level 2

So you're saying the lady I spoke to a customer care was lying because according to her Verizon had no control over or Schueren adding this to my account thank you need to get your facts straight bud I'm a let my lawyer do it for me

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
millsde99
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK that voice to text didn't work very well now did it? Anyway, Verizon customer care clearly stated. Asurion was added back to my account after I had it removed the first time and I would have to talk to Asurion directly. This pointing back and forth at each other will only buy Verizon and Asurion so much time.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Millsde99, I want to make sure that we are able to get to the bottom of this ASAP. Did you get my Direct Message? If so, can you please respond to that message? We would be able to go over all the details of the account. Looking forward to speaking with you.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PigeonGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

same issue. How can they "add a charge" without my consent to a contract??? They say that you consent when you paid the bill, but no. That would mean I accepted the charges they added WITHOUT MY CONSENT. How is this legal????? FOrtunately I read the mailing and stopped it asap. I figure half consumers dont read those mailers, and half of customers dont even realize their bill went up as a result and keep on paying. They are stealling from you by adding a charge you never ask for, requested, and they even added this to an account that already had protection for the phone!!! A bit more than a little greedy here Verizon. I'll be off to another provider once my contract is up in under a year. I can't stand to know I support such a company, so my time is almost up.

Tags (1)