Re: Has Anyone Gone Through Verizon Wireless' Internal Mediation Process?  Worth It?
GME2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, I've been getting up to speed on all the Verizon legal documents to make sure I'm missing anything I do need to read the dispute process again.  It doesn't like there is a down side, basically if you don't come out with what you want you just go to the next level which would be Arbitratoin or Small Claims, or if I can convince counsel to attempt to get a  class certified.

My concern is that if it's just a Cust Care Rep or Mgr, then it is a waste of time.  If it's an attorney or someone who understands Contract Law then it might be worth it.  I the cust. service staff has really read the actual contracts. They have all been very nice but they have not authority. 

0 Likes
Re: Has Anyone Gone Through Verizon Wireless' Internal Mediation Process?  Worth It?
GME2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

And regarding the attorney fees, that's not happening.  If an attorney wants to run with it probono, great, but I'm not doing this out of pocket.  Small Claims is a good option becuase Attorney's or attorney like position, can't be the rerpresentative in court. 

Bacially there is no way I'm paying this.  I will cancel them and go to ATT before I apy this fee.  The way this is has been handled is totally unacceptable.  I've been with them for 15 years.  They instructed me to return the phone. repeatedly.  TYhe fee would waived eventhough.  I had multiple calls with Fin Svesk, Cust Care, etc.  They all said the smae thing.

I"m going to file wth every who will let me - Dept of Consumer Affiat, Attorny Gen., FTC, FCC, CFPB, Dept of Insureance, They will evenhtually do the right thing.  

GME2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can do both, Mediation is not binding.  If you don't like the outome you go to Arit ration ro Small Claims court. 

Re: Has Anyone Gone Through Verizon Wireless' Internal Mediation Process? Worth It?
Weth
Legend

Out of curiosity, can you share with us just how long it took to return the phone?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The paperwork in the box as well as is mentioned by customer service /tech support tell you the timeline to return it and you get a text message as well.

mama23dogs
Legend

TO put it rather simplistically, if both parties keep to the letter of the agreements (like returning a phone within the time allotted) then  never is a problem.  As a matter of law, if the agreement is "return the phone in 5 days" then you must, or pay the consequences.  Unfortunately that is where you are, and legally Verizon is in the right. 

The reason for contracts is to remove moral and ethical "right" from any dispute.

I Sympathize.  I also won't discourage you from doing as you see fit, even if I think it's futile.   It is only my opinion, but some customers have been successful.  It is a fact that you didn't keep to the requirements to return the phone within the days allowed, you have admitted that.

I'm going to state another opinion:   This is the 21st century, we should all be tech savvy enough to transfer our own information, without asking a sales person to do so.  They have a right to refuse and should not be responsible for your backup not being perfect or corruption or loss of data during such a transfer.  Customers who are not tech savvy enough to manage this should stick with IPhones, (iTunes will backup and restore for you) or flip phones, which hold little data to speak of and still require a cable to transfer contacts in most cases.

And yes, I've done it, more than once.  I've switched carriers (the moment you port your number, you have no access to cloud and backups) phones and platforms (Android to iOS and back).

Re: Has Anyone Gone Through Verizon Wireless' Internal Mediation Process? Worth It?
GME2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're thinking of Arbitration, they offer a voluntary internal Mediation program.  Can I assume you haven't personally gone through this process? 

0 Likes
GME2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

The simplistic answer is that if Verizon had just told me when the charge showed up and I starting disputing it, 3 months ago, that it was not going to be waived, regardless of what their support personnel had told me, we'd be finished with this by now.  Instead they compelled me to return the defective phone, repeatedly telling me that the charge would be reversed once it was received.  Once received, they refused, not only to reverse the charge, but also to return the phone.

The purpose of my post was not to get into a discussion of the details of the situation.  I've read every agreement Verizon has published, talked to countless customer service reps, consulted a couple of close friends who are lawyers, discussed the situation with multiple Consumer Rights groups including regulatory agencies, etc etc etc.  I understand the issues and what I'm up against. 

I posted the question with the hope of hearing from someone who actually has been through the internal Mediation process and could offer some details or insight.

0 Likes
GME2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

As far as being able to transfer information to the new phone, the screen failed so,which complicates things.  But I didn't ask for the follow up call, it was offered to me unsolicated.  I was skeptical and questioned his offer.  He assured that it would happen, I pushed back and he continued with more resolve, telling me that he was adding a some sort of calendar event for his team, so that if he didn't get to it, an calandar alarm would go off for everyone.  When he mentioned the 5 day return policy, inquired how I would be able to meet that deadline if he was telling he would follow up in 3 to 5 business days and we approaching the weekend.  He told me the 5 day dealine wasn't the actually the policy, it was further, and even then you could get around it.

No one at Verizon is challenging the commitments from this initlal Tech Support rep. he  documented it well. 

Yes you are right, it's the 21st Century and we have sent men to the moon and back, there is no excuse for Verizon not having a system in place that fasilitates following up on comittments made by their customer service stagg to their valued customers.  This wasn't the only time they failed to follow up, 5 other times they offered to follow up on something and didn't.......

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

So in other words you want someone to say yes I've done it and I was successful. So then you can feel right about filing a case that you know has no merit. Given the fact they are legal procedures I'm sure there has to be a confidentiality clause that prevents you from talking about it, especially on an online forum. Your best bet it to go thru it on your own, or not do it. You're in the wrong here, that's already been established.

0 Likes