HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway = ***!!
Bobbycjr67

I have a plan with unlimited everything. A great percentage of the time when I try to get on the internet, I'll do a search, "Google " for instance. It will come up with multiple choices which tells me it is searching the internet. However, If I try to click on ANY choice, no matter the site, This is the message I get on a tan background screen (HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway). This will go on for up to an hour or two, no matter what I search for, which means, no internet access. This has been going on for 2 months now. I have called customer support several times and they have tried various things to fix this but of course the problem is persisting. They tell me I may have to be given a new # to fix the problem. I DON'T WANT A NEW NUMBER. I want the problem fixed. For the life of me, on the Verizon website I could not send them an e-mail for help, so here I am on a forum for everybody to see instead. Maybe somebody is familiar with this problem, or somebody from Verizon will see it and help fix the problem. I am not faulting the people in customer service I have talked to on the phone, they were extremely helpful as far as they were able to.  I am however tired of this. Any help or ideas ?

<Subject line edited to comply with the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway = WTF!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bobbycjr67,

That's not good! You pay for a service and it should work, so let's get this fixed asap! What device are you using? Is this occuring when you access all websites? Do you notice when this occuring that the Data signal is missing from the device? Is the wifi possibly turned on, if so please turn off the wifi, and try to access the website. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway = ***!!
ChemicalEngineer3577

I worked for Verizon for 7 years in the tech support department, and if you get to the right place, there are tools available for the person you are speaking with in order to solve an issue like this.  However, if the person cannot solve the issue right away, the are required to find the answer and give you a call back with the answer.  When I worked there, I always made sure I found the answer one way or another.  As for getting a new number, that is BS.  From my experience there, there are a few things I learned.  If you happen to get routed to a call center that was outsourced by Verizon, don't expect anything they say to be true.  Ask to be transferred to an actual corporate Verizon call center.  Even if you are talking to someone at a corporate call center, there are people there that don't want to do their jobs.  Rather than finding the root cause of the issue, they may tell you to bring it to a store, or just send you a replacement phone.  However, in most cases this does not actually fix the problem.   I wish I could tell you what the answer is, but I have not worked there in about 4 years.  In all likelihood, it is probably an issue with the way your account is provisioned in the system.  If it is happenening on all websites everywhere you go, generally speaking, it is an issue with your account, or an issue with the actual phone.  I am having the same issue right now and I am going to call Verizon when I get off work.

My suggestions:

Do not call from the phone you are having trouble with. 

Ask for a corporate call center.

Make sure you are talking to tech support, not customer service.  If you press the option for tech support, it will send you to customer service first regardless.

If someone says they will call you back, make sure you get their name, direct number, and supervisors name and direct number.  Sometimes though, they may not give you the correct number.  Like I said before, people don't want to do their jobs.

Take it to a store but be prepared to wait a while, and also, the tech at the store may not have the patience to actually find the root cause of the issue.

0 Likes