Re: HTC One on VZ Wireless?
AZSALUKI
Legend

apparently it is....lol. and i had actually heard that a "death grip" would cure it. supposedly the two pieces can be "squeezed" just barely to be close enough together to make the connection. so some users are claiming that if they grip the phone tightly the wifi kicks in...lol. again though, i simply heard this all on a podcast and they stated that they have no idea how widespread the issue is, so it may be only a handful of htc's. however, anytime a manufacturer acknowledges something like this, i tend to think there is a certaim minimum % of affected devices, or they could just play ignorant to the issue.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I'll have to check this out after my home internet gets repaired.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i did just read it's only the tegra 3 versions....and some people have stated that in some areas, htc has offered replacements, as they have confirmed it is a hardware issue, and i don't see how any type of update could fix a hardware issue (although i don't know much about that stuff so maybe it can??)?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

here's one story....but there are many others:

http://www.techshout.com/mobile-phones/2012/20/htc-one-x-wi-fi-issue-bothering-tegra-3-version/

if you search, you can probably find a description of how to grip it to see if your wifi strength increases. then again, you likely have one that's just fine.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I think that mine is fine.  It's hard for me to tell because my home internet is still shaky (thanks Verizon). Either way, maybe you all wil benefit from HTC having time to get the bugs out (again).

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

No....we wont, since we can't get the HTC one! LOL

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It would be nice to get a Series One product Form H.T.C.!  Just to compete with the Galaxy SIII, or maybe the New Razr HD when it Comes out. But i guess ones will have to Settle on the Incredible 4G to do this..

0 Likes
JAKE1138

Listen up Verizon.  Either get with the program or lose customers.  I will be switching to another provider when the HTC One comes out.  Hope your politics were worth it.

0 Likes
fullyloadedphonedream

I concur!  I currently have a T-bolt, and was very excited when I heard about the Droid DNA coming out, because it is an HTC phone with a big full HD screen... then I learned that it only had 16 gigs of RAM and no memory card expansion slot.  WTF!?  I use my memory cards extensively and cannot see myself adapting to this. 

The latest news from yesterday is that HTC has a new ONE phone coming out worldwide.  Looks like all the major US Carriers will have their own versions out, except for, of course, VERIZON.  Why can't you just offer all of the same great phones as all the other guys, just continue to provide the best service?  Stop dictating to us what kinds of phones you think we should have.  Let us decide!

0 Likes
blackdog65
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why????? When??? Come on, this is rediculous. Every carrier but Verizon. I hate to say it, but I'm thinking about leaving Verizon. We want the HTC ONE.